Are We Back At Pre-Shadowlands Communication Levels?

Blue posts can derail a thread faster than you can say Jack Robinson.

Suddenly, everyone wants to interject their main grievance. This is why it makes more sense on the council.

I’ve just resigned to the idea that communication is only a rare privilege and not a guarantee. Silence might be agreement or not. They love to play observer

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

2 Likes

Everybody thinks their issue is a “hot-button issue.” What makes yours any more important than the hundreds of complaints that are posted on the forum daily?

Right now my hot-button issue is why doesn’t the Kalimdor Cup reward enough badges to buy everything on one toon? I demand immediate answers!

I wouldn’t complain if they communicated more, but I think you have unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

are you sure? they addressed the love rocket drop rate and the whole thread is full of people whining that it’s still not good enough.

1 Like

It’s a little disingenious to say expecting a response to the state of ZC, which has garnered many, many complaints (including CC threads) is an “unrealistic expectation.” Especially from a multi-billion dollar entity. Community-wide issues should be addressed.

That wasn’t a “we’re happy with it,” that was “here’s our solution.” That’s not a valid comparison.

(On the note of the love rocket thread, if they don’t intend on doing anything else, they should have just shut the thread down and enforced their ToS where applicable).

1 Like

okay, so they addressed it, and it was deemed not good enough by the forums. same outcome.

2 Likes

But unlike other problems in the game, you actually got a blue post telling you that they intentionally changed the way ZC works.

So your “hot-button issue” has already received more communication than most identified on the forums.

But I guess one blue post wasn’t enough for you. Thus…

They even came back after the change and increased the drop rate from one of the rares based on a CC post…

You can have whatever opinion you want but this is the only way to effectively communicate with the community, at least in terms of specific topics

Otherwise they can only ever really do things like doing a poll to gague people’s interests and views on certain activities:

Sorry but with how us as a community/playerbase of Blizzard’s games interact with information provided … there’s no reason to have effective community communication of these forums
The reason Ghostcrawler quit after having lost his mind over how incredible toxic and persistently stupid folks were on these forums hasn’t changed

A few years back after Blizzard said that they wanted to communicate better and provide more clear information, they did that, and folks lost their minds at them for communicating information to them
Specifically when they release their charity pet and that legally they are required to have an upper limit to it, one that Blizzard has never reached, yet folks lost their mind

There’s plenty of other examples of this from over the years and they ain’t ever going to stop - as long as we as a community don’t stop, the silence will continue because its completely pointless to actually address people who choose ignorance over listening to what folks are actually saying

What we have is the remnants of when folks actually cared about these forums and wanted to post things that they cared about - not post memes and misuse terminology to be as edgy as possible without saying something explicitly enough that they get their rights to post on the forums suspended
Communication has gone backwards … because as a community we MAKE it go backwards - not everyone of course, and there’s plenty of nice, informative, and wholesome people on these forums; but that isn’t the norm

The only reason I suspect why the forums haven’t shut down is because the PR damage from doing that probably would cause real issues with the game, despite that these forums are completely devoid of usefulness as it is
When developers go looking for information, they go to content creators and streamers and not to these forums for a reason - think about that for a moment

Agreed, although we are disappointed in different areas (and people) I’m pretty sure

1 Like

Isn’t there also a discord server set up for CC and the devs? That forum isn’t the only way they communicate, it’s just the only one visible to the rest of the forum users.

Just because you don’t personally see the “Blues News” and all their incessant promotional announcement blogs about things a fraction of the playerbase might care for as valid, doesn’t mean those aren’t all methods of communication.

They do communicate more now than before, even if that communication isn’t what you want to see. The traditional “Blue post” from devs explaining things and having discussions might be a thing of the past, but most of the recent times their replies aren’t helpful anyway, or just announce some change nobody asked for – so should we even want to hear from them anymore?

Probably a pay off for wanting a slow company to dish out content faster.
That said, it was always going to be a thing done for sure regarding increased communication.

I think at this point I’m just going to wait for the 38th day of game time to come around on this 60-day slot so I get my RAF month, then delete this Bnet and never look back at the forums again.

“as a sample”
And decisions are made based on those samples.

If you feel represented by them, well, that is up to you. I don’t.
I am just sorry that this community has done everything they could to drive away devs from the conversation with us that we used to have in the past because whenever they would respond to a certain topic later, they would’ve been bombarded by questions totally unrelated to what they just answered.

Also not true.

pfft, They’ve been saying that since WotLK. It’s a publicity stunt.

Blizz has no intentions of communicating anything that isn’t carefully selected and pitched with as much slant, in their favor, as possible.

And as little info as possible

1 Like

Isn’t it? There has been 1 blue post in the CC forums in the last 30 days. GD has had more than that this week alone.

Here’s the link to the 1 blue post if you’re wondering…it’s from 11 days ago.

I don’t see a real serious effort. That whole infrastructure that facilitated the interaction between Blizzard and the players has been purposefully dismantled, and all I see now is a few token attempts at outreach. Those that try, I believe are making an honest effort, but the system now from the forums to tech support, is designed to avoid and impede personal communication between players and staff.

2 Likes
  • Change the frequency to the beginning of the CC introduction up to until now and make the comparison to GD.
  • Don’t include CMs posts on GD.

Maybe the reason there are less posts from devs on CC forum could indicate development cycle (too busy) or the constantly cycle jerking of the CC members with their inflated egos trying to push ideas / suggestions that belong only to them.

The only single CC member that ever asked anyone (seriously) about users feedback was Prosident, who ended up being expelled from the CC lmao over a non-issue.

Not sure if anyone else noticed… but they used to have frequent “dev sit-downs” with random streamers a few years ago - but I don’t remember any such 1-on-1 “sit-down” interview recently?

I’m talking about those 40-60 minute interviews where there’s a good back-and-forth discussion and sometimes the streamer would even “pass along” a few questions from the chat

Sometimes “the head honcho” ion himself would appear and do the 1-on-1 interview himself

When they have something coming up that players will get excited about, they tell players. No news is not good news. And since this is the internet, everything is not as it seems.

I suspect that is the root of much of your frustration. I know you also disregard the argument of people flaming them, but really, I’m not sure how much I would engage the community as an employee. I’d need therapy. People don’t deserve to be abused like that just because they were picked as spokesperson.

I’m never sure what I think of the CC. I think it’s an interesting concept, but… (so many buts). Which goes along with this:

I think the streamers are more in touch with what the players are asking than the CC. They’ll ask what their viewers want (cuz they want viewers to keep watching) and what bliz allows.

In no way is this, nor was it ever, a democracy. Thankfully.

I guess for me, I don’t feel Bliz owes us much of this. They are communicating more than they used to. Defining what issues are and aren’t important is actually somewhat rough in this kind of community. Because people are complaining on the forum? That’s the same few dozen people, for example. Also

So much of this. Just because Bliz disagrees or implements something else, doesn’t mean they’re not listening. It means they didn’t agree. They’ve said before, they do read the forums. They send us here for suggestions.