Are there Guilds that do RP events while still taking PVE somewhat seriously?

Hi everyone!

So, I’m super shy about live RPing (I have done serious forum RPing for years though) and I’m probably too newbish at live RPing for a heavy RP-only guild, but I also just really like taking part in End Game with a guild.

Gone are the days of trying to hard clear raids…but I’d like to find a guild that at least takes AOTC seriously and has a solid enough team, not a team where people don’t have to show up because “it’s not that serious” or a team where people are allowed to be massively under ilvl…but also not a team that are elitist aiming for a full Mythic clear and booting people for meters every week. Just a semi-serious AOTC guild, that also really likes to RP and do RP events …which could be a way for me to hopefully get comfortable with RPing.

So far the only raiding guild I found said they don’t RP at all, even though they’re on MG…and then all the other guilds have seemingly been heavily RP focused - which makes sense.

I would just love to be able to have MG as my main server for the expansion on launch vs. settling for one of my PvE servers, but I want to be able to jump into the new raid with a guild when it drops - hence the reason I’m looking for a RP AND Semi-serious PvE guild!!

Thanks for reading!! <3

1 Like

I second this. I’m also interested in the above.

2 Likes

So I have two guilds to bring to the table. One doesn’t have a forums post here, but they are called . They are gearing up for raiding and M+ with the new xpac, and are a great group of people both OOCly and ICly. They do a number of different RP activities, though you would need to speak with one of their officers to get a better explanation xD

Secondly, I bring you my personal guild, Bound by Honor. We a RP/PvE hybrid guild that features weekly guild events varying from casual RP to d20 combat style events that can span weeks! We have ambitions of pushing M+ in the new xpac, and will break into raiding once we have enough interested people to be serious about it haha

If either of these guilds interest you don’t hesitate to reach out! We’d love to speak with you both! ^u^

2 Likes

Hey Mazekenne!

Thanks for the info! What’s the name of the first guild?
Also thanks for linking your guild’s advertisement, I’m going to go over that as well! Super happy to see there are some options for endgame + RP!!

If you mean pushing Mythic raids and like 20+ keys? No

Not ones that will invite you without knowing you anyway

No I mean AOTC guilds.
Hardcore mythic raiding was a chore before, I liked it but with how things are now I don’t think I wanna go through that again. But I would like to push AOTC for every raid :slight_smile:

Oops! Sorry! They are called Shifting Tides! Great people! and great at the game! ^u^ my guild will actually be piggy backing off of their raiding group so we can get in on some early xpac raiding haha

1 Like

In terms of guilds, you can focus on one thing or be a master of none. To be half decent at either RP or PvE requires considerable effort for a GM and if you’re asking for both that’s a massive workload for one person or even a team of officers.

You say ‘just AoTC’ but to be honest that’s a pretty serious raid commitment. Maybe not so much on other servers, but this is Moon Guard. We have a pretty relaxed player base and if we wanted to be hardcore we wouldn’t be on an RP server.

My suggestion is to have two characters and join an RP guild on one and a PvE guild on the other. You might find a few guilds that claim to do both, but chances are they’re an RP guild that dabbles in PvE, occasionally doing a few mythics or pug raids…or it’s a PvE guild that lets people do walk up RP in their free time.

Might be time to lower your expectations or try running a hybrid guild for yourself to see why it’s very difficult to pull off.

1 Like

The Vol’Kar legion in WrA is an example of a high end RP and PvE guild, it’s easy, although I agree with your comments that it is a big responsibility, you just have to have 3-4 GM, and it all goes well

1 Like

When it comes to AoTC, you aren’t fully restricted to the server, honestly. There’s additional options, and those options may actually be more appealing from a progression standpoint. I actually had a similar problem when I came here.

I’m a part of Oasis, which is a cross-realm community that does both Normal and Heroic raid groups, and we have a fair number of our regulars on both WRA and MG.
We actually had enough of them to warrant making a new RP-PVP branch that’s in sistership with the main community, which is Eclipse Squadron, although, currently, we are quite casual with our RP since many of us are going to be focusing on PvE and PvP for the first month or so. (We are, however, having campfire and tavern RP nights, and will be doing smaller D20 events after people are done with the initial expansion rush.)

Twik is the person you’d want to talk to in there about the raids, but there are other leaders for M+, and I personally run our RP and wPvP branch / events.

For anybody searching for something similar, but hasn’t found it, we are more than welcome to take folks on without joining the Moon Guard guild until they’ve found a place. (Nor is membership of our guild required to join in with the majority of RP shenanigans.)

One thing to keep in mind is that many people who raid Heroic aren’t actually doing it with a guild anymore. Several people are just pugging it, or doing it with communities like the above. There are so many options for normal and heroic now, and it’s all about just finding the one that’s right for you.

If you’re interested in us, our RP branch has a separate Discord to the one above for organization purposes, and you can easily just ping me to ask for more information~