Are there any redeeming qualities for shadowlands?

I honestly can’t think of a single one…truly. Art design isn’t a gameplay feature and doesn’t count to me in this discussion.

-Trash gearing systems punishing casual players for absolutely no reason
-Trash raid where loot never drops
-Trash world quests and dailies
-TrashGhast
-Trash Maw zone
-Trash dungeons where again, loot never drops.

Even casual battlegrounds are becoming unbearable unless im on my 218 ilvl rogue. And I absolutely REFUSE to do arenas on all my alts. Why? Rets and mages being disgustingly broken overpowered.

So in battlegrounds you:
-Cant play alts because you get deleted
-Cant get honor or conquest from arenas on alts because you get deleted
-Cant get gear from raids or dungeons because loot never drops.

The one saving grace for me why I pay for a sub is because I’m leveling some toons in wow classic. Not buying dungeon boosts for gold. Levelling. Making groups. Back when wow was good lol

Trash game

17 Likes

Not sure if I would qualify this as redeeming, and it’s entirely unrelated to BGs, but it is nice that questing gives a faster leveling experience sub-50. This chromie time stuff gives a little incentive to go back and shoot for the old world loremaster meta.

It’s odd, though, because this only really holds value due to the small group I play with not wanting to do anything else for all the reasons you mentioned above. More often than not, we have just been playing other games, entirely.

Wait I get everything you said except the maw. What’s wrong with this exceptionally fun and action packed zone?

Chromie time and barbershop prepatch hype have me still riding the wave.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Shhh… I’m trying to make “The Naw” ™ a thing over here.

2 Likes

Elemental Shaman as a spec feels REALLY REALLY SMOOTH AND GOOD (once you get legendary to complete the spec because without them it feels empty and only half finished)

What’s the learning curve like? I’m wanting to condense my 4 Hpals down to 2 for next season and pick up 1 DPS class to play something a little different. Thinking Ele looks fun, but Shaman is one of the few classes in the game I’ve never played at max level.

The zombie bait is real.

1 Like

There are rated bg teams. I don’t think I saw so many in bfa

Sadly it is a game feature in blizzard’s book.

It helps us appreciate games with fun gameplay?

:thinking:

1 Like

2h Frost came back. That’s pretty great imo, even if it kinda sucks outside of PvP.

pvp pacing.
pvp gear best in the game.
rated bgs revived.
no never ending player power grind like bfa/legion
cleaner world quests
stats impactful.

ez right there, quit the game ya weirdo.

Chromie time shifting lets you farm old rares that drop mounts easier.

the endless “upkeep” systems that make it painful and un-fun to play any alts are the icing on the crap-cake for me in particular

why do they think forcing you to do endless non enjoyable chores in a video game makes people want to play, instead of unsubscribe?