Are there any good strategies besides deleting my account?

I’m looking for a way to not be tempted back into playing and I am discouraged enough at this time to delete the account for good and all. I have 943 days played on this character and numerous things I’ve bought since 2004-5 and other stuff that can never be gotten again.

I’m pretty attached after all these years but I really don’t want to play anymore but i seem to lack the impulse control to not return.

Are there any other ways I can accomplish this without deletion?

Parental controls, perhaps?

You can limit your playtime to 0, prevent you from making in-game purchases, etc. You can even set the email to that of someone you can trust not to change it back until you’re ready.

And it would take some time to remove, enough to give yourself time to reconsider.

5 Likes

Thank you that is the sort of strategy I was looking for. It’s amazing how attached you can get to an illusory set of pixels on a screen.

4 Likes

I tried parental controls when I first started playing, because I thought I should play fewer hours and wanted to help myself do so. And the first time I was in the middle of something interesting and got kicked off, I was right back in parental controls to let myself back in.

This might work, though.