Are the rumors' about the class tree designer true

What are you on about? Leave your own politics at the door.

I work in a multinational corporate environment and have colleages and collaborators on every continent. I know who gets good benefits and who gets to take long vacations and who gets paid well. HR rules and working conditions are different from country to country. If that simple fact upsets you, that is your own problem.

15 Likes

I care about the people working on the game, sucks for us that this person isn’t working on our stuff, BUT. Blizzard is a huge company, if one person taking a break means a product is going to ship unfinished, then there are bigger issues.

I really hope we’re not going to get “Sorry folks, you’ll have to wait until 11.0 to get an proper talent tree since we were short on resources for your class”.

They decided to release it this year after what happened to a rushed Shadowlands release, it better be 100% ready for everyone, not just a subset of their players.

5 Likes

The only way it’s going to make any difference is if druids who want their spec treated equally speak with their wallet rather than catering to Blizzard’s reasons.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s official they left about a week ago.

Wait really? Where was it confirmed?

Do you have the source?

1 Like

Easy way to stop it.

Confirm this is the case. Let us know what’s going on.

Ignoring all the feedback for a month is not the way to do it.

2 Likes

Their twitter feed said that their personal favorite ability they made is convoke.

Convoke is basically a cop out ability that admits that Blizzard had no idea what to do with druid for its most lore-cohesive covenant.

Is it wrong that I have a sense of hope now that I have learned that they are gone??

7 Likes

I’ll have hope when they revert to Legion balance druid and give back the unnerfed full moon.

Bringing back the clunky timed eclipse was a garbage wotlk nostalgia stunt that hurt the class more than anything.

1 Like

For boomkin, I honestly love convoke. It made me love the game, and I hated having to switch to venthyr for min/max.

I get not everyone feels the same, but it’s still my single most favorite button to hit on any class.

6 Likes

I feel the same lol. I think there is hope. Even if blizzard keeps hiring ppl without interview, which means you randomly choose someone, the chance of getting a new hire worse than the old one is pretty low.
After all, I think an idiot knows they need to play the game after they build it.

1 Like

They could ask Feral streamers like Snupy, Arrow assassin gaming, sodapoppin, or anyone else that plays feral for suggestions too

7 Likes

Damn near spit out my drink…

Convoke the Spirits - summon 12 wisps, after each of your next ability casts, one wisp dissopates and casts a beneficial or harmful spell on your target, depending on the spell you cast, and gives you a buff.

Cat spell - bonus crit damage and a stacking bleed
Bear spell - damage shield and damage reflect
Caster spell - stacking hot and damage reduction
Moonkin spell - bonus crit damage and some direct damage

There you go. Jotted down between work meetings since I can’t check my vsult atm. More interesting and dynamic than “12 random things lul”.

3 Likes

Lol wtf whats wrong with them?

2 Likes

This is actually just purely preference. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean others have the same opinion as you. You might find others don’t like your idea anymore then Convoke.

3 Likes

Good point. But I am not Blizzard, not paid to design games, and by no means not the only one that thinks convoke is not particularly good design.

1 Like

But like, why take vacation during one of the biggest times of the year for Blizzard? Seems kinda weird to turn in a big assignment that you are in charge of, but then take a vacation so you can’t fix any of the info in the assignment.

It seems like they didn’t take a vacation - they quit. They posted about it on Twitter how they were leaving the company to pursue another career opportunity.

Which still leaves us in the lurch because it’s not clear that Blizzard ever put someone else on the Druid/Priest trees in the intervening five weeks but there it is.

4 Likes