Are the Forsaken dying out?

Now that the horde lost Sylvanas how are new undead being created if the Val’kyr went with her?

Personally I think they should make it that Gunther Arcanus is raising new Forsaken so they do not die out, my boy Gunther would be perfect for the job. He is a Forsaken who was the first to break free of the Lichkings control way before Sylvanas before the Lichking was weakened, he’s a master of necromancy to a point where it’s theorized he turned himself into a lich, and Gunther would be trustworthy to give the Forsaken free will beacuse he prefers the Forsaken to be free-willed.

2 Likes

With the Helm of Domination broken all the Undead have free will now. Forsaken shouldn’t have any population problems for the foreseeable future.

5 Likes

We don’t know the number of intelligent undead in the scourge army after Wrath, They’ve most probably already been killed if seen as a threat or integrated into the ebornhold, even if there was a small minority that would choose to join the Forsaken the large majority are of the mindless variety that is why we are getting attacked by them.

1 Like

They won’t it would be ridiculous for blizzard to let them get close to go extinct.

Forsaken dont all free themselves with the original method. Some of them have been portrayed as been needing a bit of a boost from an outside force to start regaining their minds; and most of those only got that freedom in an extremely brief window where the Lich King was weakened by Illidan’s attack. Even Nathanos was one of those that needed that helping hand.

Its entirely possible now that the Helm of Domination is outright gone as a factor, there are plenty of minds left to bring back from the brink left in the Scourge. But, it would likely take an active effort by the Forsaken to actually cultivate that salvation within those that can still be saved. The rest … well, the Forsaken are always in need of replacement parts.

Regardless, Amadis is right … with the Helm Gone … the Forsaken are in no way at risk of going extinct. Hell, they finally have a chance at a form of propagation that doesn’t put them in direct conflict with any other group.

4 Likes

Which was Voss’ new entire motivation all throughout BfA.

Welp, Blizz really just has to build on that foundation. The question I have … how “mongrel” is this “mongrel race of rotten corpses” going to become if they start “cannibalizing” the Scourge? Undead Vrykul? Nerubians? Trolls? Storm Giants?

Raising more forsaken is gonna lead to them dying out faster

Northrend Vrykul were loyal to the Lich King even while they were still alive. Not sure if that transfered over to Bolvar or not, though.

Nerubians will probably go back to worshipping the Old Gods when free to again.

We saw Undead Trolls rejoin the Drakkari under the Zandalari during Mists of Pandaria, so potentially already part of the Horde as is.

It sounds like all the Storm Giants were killed, so what’s left of the Undead Giants could just resettle back in their old homes and left undisturbed by anyone else.

Boo … you’re no fun. I mean, Alliance players harp on how much the Forsaken need to change and shouldn’t be allowed to use either the Blight or Necromancy anymore; despite the fact they are literally products of Necromancy themselves. Well, letting them have a little fun with some NPC accessory races from the vestiges of the Scourge seems like a reasonable alternative no? The Mag’har and Unshackled both have such NPC races, the Forsaken could too.

The Lich King is gone, so the Northrend Undead Vrykul have no one left to worship. The Undead Nerubians are largely perceived as traitors to their kind; and the Old Gods have all been defeated. The Drakaari are canonically extinct as of BfA, their own representative in Zandalari even claims he’s nothing more than an object kept around as a curiosity. Storm Giants may be extinct, but their are still plenty of Undead ones roaming around Icecrown.

1 Like

They’re must be a few frost whyrms left

4 Likes

Undead procreation is tricky. You have to get a few things down.

You need the necromantic capabilities. The Forsaken will have plenty of opportunities to learn more necromancy with the Shadowlands.

You need a reliable supply of “material”. This is the most challenging part of undead procreation. If you are going with free will you have to have a good relationship with the materials.

My first suggestion is to introduce a cult who believe undeath is a form of ascension, and we spread it all over Azeroth.

My second suggestion is to absorb living settlements or strongholds into the forsaken state. This proves the undead can coexist with the living and gives them an ample supply of materials.

When a mommy Forsaken and daddy Forsaken love each other very much, they dig up a dead baby and resurrect it as their child. And that’s how new Forsaken are born.

8 Likes

Lol no, probably the forsakens future likes pretty bright, The helm is gone and all those undead are free. Those that retain their intelligence will probably find their way to the forsaken.

We are also going to the shadowlands where there seems to be a whole Plane of intelligent undead in maldraxuss that makes up the core military of the shadowlands.

I’m more concerned about the Alliance, I mean we have so many nearly wiped out refugee races that outside of dwarves and humans the rest look like they may die out at any point.

Actually the Nerubians turned away from the Old Gods at some point. Which bit them when they accidentally awake the faceless during the War of the Spider and the fighting on the two fronts helped lose them the war.

The Drakkari are considered a fallen tribe by the Zandalari and it seems that Speaker Malaka’raz is all that remains of the tribe.

3 Likes

These were among the Horde’s forces in the Alliance side introductory questing to the Darkshore Warfont if that helps any:

1 Like

The Mantid fought against the Sha of Fear, too. Fighting for their survival does not necessarily mean they have turned against the Old Gods, and we were reminded the Nerubians were loyal to the Old Gods in the Zek’voz fight in Uldir.

I kind of miss a lot of the Pandaria villains would be nice to see more of them

2 Likes

Yeah, this is sort of what I mean.

The Forsaken Freeing the minds of the Scourge need not only relate to fallen humans. We actually could have the vestiges of the San’layn join up in a more permanent way. Nerubians and Trolls are iffy, due to their forms of worship … but if the Blight truly is an issue; would a Scourge Necropolis repurposed and redesigned for Forsaken use be a better alternative?

The Forsaken are liberated Scourge, so there is some merit in them liberating the weapons of the Scourge; if Blight and Necromancy themeselves are off the table.

5 Likes

With the trolls how many are left outside of the Zandalari and the dark spear. The rest of them have been crushed so much.
They should do more to show the remmenants of the other groups of trolls.