Are TBC Stun DR's are broken?

As I remember it and please correct me if I am wrong here the DR table for Stuns should be:

With season 1 quickly here this really needs to be addressed if it’s incorrectly setup.

1. Standard Stun DR
    Kidney Shot
    Concussion blow
    Intimidate
    Intercept
    Bash
    Hammer of Justice

2. Out of combat controlled stun DR
    Cheap shot
    Charge
    Pounce

3. RNG stuns
    Mace
    Blackout
    Impact
    Seal of Justice

As it sits right now, it appears to be this is the present stun DR table.

Out of Combat controlled Stun DR

1. Concussion Blow
  2. Hammer of Justice
  3. Bash
  4. Charge
  5. Cheap shot
  6. (maybe intimidate)
  7. Pounce
  8. Intercept

Standard Controlled stun DR table
Kidney Shot

RNG stun DR

1. Blackout
  2. impact
  3. Mace spec
  4. seal of Justice
  5. etc.
4 Likes

Yes as we test this we need fixes. It’s crippling for game play as classes play for each other and ending up stun immune.

Charing a target and putting bash, hammer, conc etc on stun DR when it shouldn’t sucks. Also charge stun is Dring intercept which is wrong.

Thread with DR issues

Anytime and while some DRs shouldn’t DR with each other, some other Stuns that should DR don’t. Which means you can get 16 secs stun locks with some comp combinations. Totally broken.

This is correct.
This is also broken. Just because its still pretty overpowered. I think kidney shot needs to not be on its own DR. If that makes a rogue have to think before they read what to do on the flowchart, that’s fine. But this is TBC, and everyone who isn’t a rogue has to suffer through this.

If frost nova and pet nova were still broken, I would agree. Now they break on almost any damage instantly, making it more frail than it used to be.

everything is broken in this experience. fear lasts until duration ends regardless of damage taken. don’t count on any of it ever being fixed.

4 Likes

novas and fears etc. should break on what like 20% damage taken??

The DR tables are wrong. First off Charge shouldn’t DR any stun as it remained off the DR table till 4.0.6 as in the thread linked. Charge shouldn’t DR bash, Hammer, Conc, Intercept etc…

There seem to be several Stuns on the wrong table in testing.

Nova’s should break almost instantly on any damage taken which is how shatterplay came to be. It required skill.

4 Likes

I give up, unsubbed not playing anymore. Just was hoping we would have a fun TBC to play and it never really happened. Just riddled with bugs and gameplay not working right too changes that are catastrophic to TBC. Well enjoy TBC Classic Plus I guess, however most of us aren’t sticking around.

Just amazed at how badly they did with the release of TBC and how you literally can’t get them to fix the game.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s sorta disappointing because TBC has so much potential yet blizzard left it sitting on the table.

1 Like

Sadly nova doesnt break even after them hitting you with 3 lances and their pet casying water bolts into you.

2 Likes

Yeah noticed that, blizzard has some doin to do there, many of the RNG mechanics feel very off and have since Blizzard launches “classic Vanilla”.

Some will come to blizzard’s aid and say this is RNG or that’s how it was, but that’s both the wrong attitude and not true at all because it’s a dog engine that behaves differently with the same data no matter how you slice it.

This means we need tuning.

PS; they (blizzard) defended an even more obviously broken version of nova in Beta and we argued with them for a long time before they finally caved not to us the testers but “influencers”; likely because it’s bad PR to have the influencers mad.

Frostbite is what made me not want to do arenas, it too procs at an obscene rate at the moment. I was testing it with my druid and mage friend and it was proccing in probably 50 to 60% of all melee openers. It procs often enough that I’ll have to powershift 2 or 3 more times after initial nova just to keep pressure on the mage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.