Are Rogues really getting invites to +20s?

Every group I’ve been with 20/21+ in Mythic hasnt has had a Rogue like 1/10th of the runs. Everyone is looking for Lust or range and declining Rogue requests. Rogues dont seem particularly useful, as other classes offer group utility and generally are still doing as much damage as Rogues if not better.
Sure, you might reference the top teams running Rogues, but from a pugs perspective, they are pass material.

1 Like

i have not played to much this expansion, but in the mythics i have ran theres been a rogue in everyone one of them.

2 Likes

I’m getting into 20s. It can take hours though

1 Like

When teams in the Mythic+ competitions on WoW’s Twitch channel have a rogue, so far, it seems like it is always a sub rogue. FWIW.

1 Like

This is my issue.
Rogues are medium-to-low tier when a group formation is taken into consideration. There are so many better options available, they are pretty much only picked if no one else is joining.

What are you talking about. When you queue up theres a 50% chance the group already has a rogue. Please stop bringing attention to this troll post.

5 Likes

I would say that it’s very possible there is already a rogue in the group. I have also been picked with 50 people on the list. People also have preferences.

Not if you’re spec’d Sin and they check. Assassination is barely mediocre for AOE and dungeon boss fights. We bring nothing unique that other, way better-performing Rogue specs bring. Outlaw is way easier to play, has way better performance so more people play it. I main Sin and I wouldn’t invite Sin to my +20. Until they excel at either AOE or single target boss fights they will only mistakenly get invited, then cast doubt on the class for future invites (again unless key owners check and for high keys they do) due to Sin’s mediocrity.

How is this a troll post? Because you don’t agree with someone doesn’t automatically make them a troll. Instead, you’re pointing out your lack of maturity and understanding.

2 Likes

Grow up son.

Coming from the guy who claims he brings Sin rogues to 20s. Youre trolling too.

Sin rogues do just fine in 20s lol

1 Like

Because there’s very little reason to play Outlaw when it’s been nerfed to the point that it only wins in low cleave situations where Sub beats it everywhere else while only pressing two buttons spamming powder while still being uncapped.

People play Outlaw because it’s the only fun spec > gets nerfed > everybody is now forced to play mind numbingly boring Sub and people reroll to other classes > Outlaw gets buffed last patch of the expansion and the cycle repeats.

1 Like

Enjoy your vacation.

Some of the best rogue players play Sin in 20+ keys. It’s not the best but it’s not trash. 20s is 100% viable. In fact I’m pretty confident if I switch sin on a 20 I’d out-perform your sub.

I did not say its trash. I was comparing Sin doing 20s to a trash player doing 20s. Someones gotta make up in the areas that are sorely lacked.

There is no “outperforming” when Sub can simply do more.

Except that has to do with the player and not the spec. What you people don’t realize is that all 3 specs are viable and the differences don’t matter until 25+ keys. Sin actually brings just as much to the table as sub in terms of damage.

1 Like

Its actually really tiring talking to someone that constantly assumes everyone knows less than them.

Viability doesnt equate performance. Those people doing 25s and 26s on Sin do so in specific group comps with people they know. While its viable, that same performance simply isnt going to be achieved in a pug. Player skill doesnt even have to be factored in yet, what i said above is a fact. You will notice the difference on much lower keys because Sin simply has less it can do than the other 2 specs and therefore will fall behind in more situations.

The condecension is especially funny when you end the post with this line. You already know its not all about damage, especially as you get to higher keys.

Lol ok buddy, i see you aren’t worth the hassle. Enjoy living in your elitist delusions

2 Likes

What made it elitism? Me downplaying sin after the actual sin player said he wouldnt invite his own spec to 20s or me calling out the fact that bringing sin is similar to bringing a player that underperforms to your key?

Sin is deals ok damage if the tank can consistently pull 7-8 targets. Good execute damage on add week to but it’s still probably less damage than the other 2 specs. Aoe silence is nice as well.

1 Like