Are people ok with Druids being the only RBG tank?

What does that even mean?

I wasn’t taking you seriously because of the statements below.

Not sure why you assumed I was hostile but I neither wrote it with emotion nor do I read any listed there. My position still stands. Tanks in RBG (not PVP) either need to have less disparity or need to be removed.

I’m also not sure how it’s that much different than putting Prot Pallies in their own bracket in Solo Shuffle. If you can’t balance the role, eliminate disparities by only allowing Guardian Druid tanks to play against Guardian Druid tanks.

There was a time where only FC was dh tanks. Other tanks have shined in the same role before.

What would be fun now was to remove all cc from rogues and give it to some other class…and move that part of the game around as well.

OK - it’s never good if there are 6 specs for a role and only one gets picked. It’s bad design. What’s precedent got to do with it?

I don’t see how this is relevant at all.

So you are for deleting Rogues I take it?

1 Like

You aren’t taking me serious, ok that your prerogative. I am however taking you serious. Petitioning for an entire Spec to be banned from any content in the game isn’t considered hostile? So if Blizzard doesn’t allocate resources to this imbalance (perceived or actual) immediately a player that has invested significant time into their character in PvE, Crafting, Reputation Grind, whatever should be banned from doing part of the game that is open to the remainder of the playerbase? Did you read your original thought outloud before hitting “Post”?

You are not sure how putting Prot Pally’s in their own bracket is any different that removing them for the entire content of RBGs? Ironically you countered your own statement. If Bears are the only FC’s in RBG’s one could assume that they are in their own bracket similar to Prot Pallies in Solo Shuffle. It might not be a deliberate or intended result but it is the same situation of Prot Pallies.

No one is putting a gun to anyone’s head and making them bring a Guardian Druid to an RBG but it is a class that has historically excelled at that role. I wish Blizzard would address Tanks in PvP but asking for an outright ban has about as much foresight as the tip of your nose.

No other tanks should be buffed. Guardian should be nerfed in Dragonflight (which they are) to way less cc immunity 10 seconds from 30 is massive.

If you buff prot war/pally you will see them in arena randomly one tapping or being absolutely horrendous to fight. Noone wants that.

I agree, but they’re not going to do that. In lieu of logical balancing, remove them.

Tanks are good for the game though, Since thunderfury was a thing, prot warrior felt amazing and tanks in general are fun for raid progression.

However in PvP rated perhaps removing tank option could be a thing to make flag capture maps more exciting. Rogue and Druid stocks would go up even more though, so perhaps that’s not the answer. Druid Rogue base hitting would sky rocket as the sole win condition on many maps. Not having a tank protect node would generally equal in a base lost every shadowy duel.

Agree to disagree. The best node sitters afaik are double-pet toons such as

• BM Animal companion
  • DK All will Serve
  • or Demonology

But I don’t pretend to be the best PVP nor the smartest man alive.

While sure sitting a base to hold as one of those 3 could work against a single dps. They all die very easily to convoke sub rogue in 5 seconds flat. Which you cannot see coming as they are stealthed. Sure you can have a DH on your team tracking the stealthies, but generally rogue druid can easily 2v2 any composition while also being super annoying hitting bases in AB EOS and Gorge.

Having that Guardian base sitting shores up a huge weakness in Gilneas as your sitters would all die to a double base hit instantly.

I’m only 2400 in RBGs in SL so I’m not an expert but, I have a very good idea from my time 3k + in cata. Druid Rogue is just very very high value only held back by guardian incarn atm.

I completely agree…but this has been the tuning way ot mmo’s for years, sadly.

I remember in Dark Age of Camelot when they started this type of tuning. Berserkers had low numbers because they were about 5% behind a couple of other melee dps…so they got buffed with 30% (literally), and boom 50% of the pvp battlefield was berserkers.

Just like making 1 tank spec miles above all others…theres 1 dps spec that i mlies above the others in pvp…and another in pve. Thats all. I think its a job extremely badly done…but I was just saying bears havent been the number 1 for that long.

Just put it in a setence. This is an anti-rogue post?

See this only highlights the problem. RBGs are a format, due to the 10v10 model, that minimizes spec dominance that we see in 2s and 3s. Rogue can be good, sure, but there’s no RMP in RBGs because there’s too many permutations.

Except - because there’s only one tank - Druid is a must have and dunks on all the other tanks.

People attempting to compare Guardian as a tank to anything else, it’s just not real. The Druid’s dominance is comparable to something like BFA’s Destro Lock in Arena. But in RBGs there’s nothing else like Guardian. And tanks in Flag maps are far too central to the win-condition to let something like this keep going.

Most reasonable individuals aren’t. But like Constantinos said

Nothing that can be done about it.

even if mages could cast invisibility on other players to get the tank into the flag room, the only other viable FC would be Demon Hunter, and specifically, night elf would be eons better than blood elf for base sitting.

All blizz would have to do is take a minute to create an honor talent for each of the tanks to beef up their flag carrying capabilities and the rest would sort itself out.

1 Like

Not really. I would rather heal a Boomkin in bear form than any non-Guardian tank as an FC currently.

That’s silly. Been PvPing as Prot for 16 years I’m just supposed to not be able to Que anymore because of balance? The solution is start balancing PvP around RBGs instead of Arena.

Furthermore as someone that was the #3 Ranked Prot Pal in North America in RBGs in BFA the reason why I don’t Que anymore is because of Arena balance. Drainerx played Prot Pal in the AWC Tourny and used the Steed CC immune so it got removed. Which was required for Prot Pal to run the flag. (yet druid has CC immune still)

Also they hard handed nerfed Block value scaling this expansion (first time ever) So Shield tanks stayed weak the entire expansion. They are supposed to block more damage with each patch as item scaled but they nerfed that. So they have far less mitigation because they don’t scale anymore while other tanks do.

They all should have a CC immune ability to carry. Bring back CC immune during steed again for Prot Pal. Also allow Prot Warrior Dragon Charge to work while carrying the flag. (only movement ability that doesn’t work with flag) and that should also grant CC immunity.

Also ALL Tanks take 50% more dmg in PvP and some Tanks have no way to mitigate that because of their design. Blood DK for example is supposed to Take dmg then heal it back. So a flat dmg to ALL tanks doesn’t work for balance. This needs to be toned down or removed. Each Tank should have separate balancing. (the devs are lazy)

My point is they won’t do the obvious, easy things we can all see are necessary. It’s either eliminate tanks, or give every Tank spec the option to go in as Guardian regardless of class.

ive hate a deep sickening hatred for bear druids for literal years now

3 years ago i posted a pic of me doing top dmg and heals as an undergeared bear druid. i am also a very bad player.

the spec simply needs nerfed. it gets way 2 much value for how easy it is.

i think im gonna try to get it nerfed. ill make a silly compilation video of me just face tanking 5 players at once while i backpedal and click the healy healy button

1 Like