Are healers supposed to heal pets in dungeons?

Just did a dungeon where this dk started raging at me because I wasn’t healing his minion. I wasn’t aware that was a thing???

1 Like

I don’t bother, I don’t even check pet health unless the tank dies and some pet starts tanking, then I do what I can to keep the pet alive.

25 Likes

I do the same, but he apparently decided to take it as a personal insult that I wasn’t healing Bonegrinder lol

1 Like

Bad DK rage is a special kinda rage.

25 Likes

Never, in ANY dungeon I have ever done, has a Death Knight or Hunter expected me to heal his pet. And IF that character had asked me to, the ONLY time that’s a valid request is if that pet is doing the work of a dead/missing tank.

Pets can die. They aren’t players, they don’t have players’ health or mitigation. It’s just how it works in this game.

3 Likes

No, it’s their job

4 Likes

You dont have to heal pets (or rogues, they arnt people either) - tell him your too busy keeping YOUR minions alive, IE the rest of the party.

17 Likes

I can’t do that because I was kicked. He said **** you in caps and next thing I know I’m sitting back in Stormwind :clown_face:

Wow. I’m sorry they did that to you :confused:

It’s okay! I’m a healer, I’ll just get another insta queue. I just came to ask because I wasn’t sure if that’s something that I was supposed to do or whatever.

this is how I look at it. They have their own pet heals. If they don’t want to manage their own pets health, don’t play a pet class.

The only caveat as others have said, is if the pets tanking for a dead tank.

3 Likes

no, it’s not classic, just resummon your pet it takes half a second

5 Likes

As a prot pally, if we got a little squire pet you better believe I’d be healing the hotelecholima*lima out of him/her so they never died :rofl:

1 Like

I will never heal your pet unless the tank is dead.

4 Likes

It really depends on the situation. Can you spare the mana, is this content that requires that kind of sustained dps?, and a host of other factors.

Outside of a 15+ I doubt its needed in any scenario.

3 Likes

Why was his pet taking damage? Did it have taunt on?

2 Likes

I have played my fair share of healers, moreso than anything else, and I remove the pet panel from my healing frames. The only toon on which I use a pet panel is this one, and it’s my own personal pet. No one has ever raged at any of my healers for not healing pets. Ever.

It is not common, at least in my experience, but when I was one of my healers and I had the time I would heal any pets that were taking damage.

The priority is always the tank first, then everyone else.

4 Likes

If it’s a laid back dungeon and I have the time and mana - yes I will throw a pet a heal (or a bubble). Most dungeons anymore are far too frenetic and I just can’t keep track (the few times I do them lol).

:cookie:

3 Likes

Wait, a DK? As in…a Unholy DK?

wha

No, absolutely not, I’m pretty sure the ghoul summon is on a low enough CD that if it is somehow dying in encounters they can make a new one relatively quickly

3 Likes