Are garrisons still worth completing?

In the grand scheme of making gold and farming mats or whatever your doing, are the garrisons worth leveling up and finishing or does everyone just skip this and forget about them?

They’re not generating gold anymore, so not really outside of some cosmetics and toys.

You can get some achievements from them, if that’s your thing.

Just looking for farming raw mats and making gold. So im guessing no then?

1 Like

You can make 30 slot bags for tailoring if ya need em. Some servers may still make a few gold selling them on AH…

3 Likes

Getting the mogs, stable mounts, invasion mounts, heirlooms from ships, making bags, etc.

I still sell the fish, from nets on the ships and junk, when I bother. The herbs and mined stuff sell too, if you bother for the heck of it. My priest is the only one who makes bags there, when I remember.

My Hunter’s is the farthest along, with an AH. She is still trying for the invasion mounts, which are the thing we’ve not got yet.

if you get the garrison level 3 you get portal to Warspear/Stormshield which gives you acess to portal to horde/alliance cities, you can also build a bank/guild bank there and even an auction house. If you build the shipyard you also get an additional hearstone.

1 Like

the 32 slot bags aren’t particularly expensive, so I kinda doubt hexweave bags will go for much anymore.

I still visit mine about 3-5 times a week, Especially for the Trade Post. Also the weekly rare mission sometimes gives a Coalfist mount or Medallion that sells for good

Another thing is the Holiday events that come up too, I personally would say it’s worth messing with, it’s kinda fun

1 Like

There are a few youtube videos on how to still obtain gold from the garrisons, I think some people still use it as a source of a little bit of passive gold. I pretty much use it for the achievements.

They’re still werth doing if you want the achieves and something extra to do in game.

You can still make gold with your garrison. Not millions like in WOD but you can still make gold.

If you don’t have the achievements on a character they might be worth doing if you’re an achievement hunter… But honestly unless you have a profession in which you can make a profit off of something I wouldn’t.

Its sometimes convenient to have an easily accessible bank/transmogger/auction house hearth stone.

I still think they’re useful if you’re trying to get tmog. Every 2 weeks you get a piece for free!

1 Like

You can still get some nice items from the profession huts. I get all my drums from the leatherworking huts, saves me from having to buy them in AH.

Can also get stuff like goblin gliders from Engi hut if you aren’t an Engi.

The pet battle hut has a once in a few months pet battle that you can use to level a battle pet from level 1 to 25 in like 3 minutes each. Even if you aren’t into battle pets, you could use it to level one up to 25 and then sell it on AH for more gold.

Outside of achievements nop. The old garrisons/class halls are nerfed into the ground.

Even the current bfa mission follower feature is practically useless. Dont waste more gold/resources then is needed

If you’re a tailor you can still use them to make hexweave for bags. That’s about it but they’re nice to hide in.

:cookie:

2 Likes

For raw mats or even cosmetic xmog from them you can still make some gold, it’s probably not the highest rate per hour.

The only reason i go there anymore is for quick and easy AH access. But GL getting the mats for that guy now, the modules are usually quite expensive.