Are EU players planning on staying here for S4?

With a huge influx of EU players coming to NA are you guys planning on staying on the NA ladder once S4 starts?

and how do you guys play well with such high ping?

Eu players who do this lmao

1 Like

A lot of VPNs can make it so you have better ping to far away servers by reducing the amount of data transfer nodes that are needed to go from place to place.

1 Like

i shudder at the fact there’s gonna be a season 4. brrrrrrrr!! :cold_face: :cold_face:

3 Likes

how much of a reduction in ping could you expect to see with this roughly? I play from oce and was wonderin if it’s worth sussin out

its not that much, queued in japan for 3 years.

it goes from like ~180 down to like ~135.

you in aus?

1 Like

that’s a big difference, anything above 150 feels miserable for a caster

was it ping wtf?

EU kinda dead atm so yeah and lots of dodging

Quite the opposite. Casters are more forgiving with higher latency, it just makes it harder to fakecast. Melee with higher latency, however, can start using a global cooldown on a target, target moves out of range, action cancels in mid animation, cancels the gcd, and then you have to use it again

4 Likes

No theyre not lol

2 Likes

i did not know this.
does this work for aussies to NA servers from your understanding?

It’s really that dead over there? I thought they had more arena pop than NA. Sad what has happened to this game due to no changes

Australia to NA might be slightly pushing it. But you’ll likely drop about 50 ish latency.

yeah g, syd.

can u remember what the methods called so I can look it up, or is it that wtf ping program? appreciate it

I hope so I like quing into them

you must be thinking of BM then yeah it does not matter much
but try to CS a cast to time a go and then come back to me on that with a ping of 165 ( let me explain in an American, It’s like going to the gun range with a misaligned scope and think you can shoot better than the guy who is shooting at point blank)

At higher rating its pretty dead , everyone is dodging everyone

I tried that and only got 5 latency drop sadly

went from 165 to 160 lol

you like getting farmed?

i just used exitlag and called it a day.

queued into a 3640 exp EU hpriest yesterday, like kid get out of my country

They are though, having high latency sucks no matter what but it’s far better to be ranged and deal with it than melee

Can ask any EU player or Aussie player if they’d rather play melee or ranged with that much latency

1 Like

build a fireWALL?

Feel like playing a caster with two melee on you would be impossible to juke with the amount of single target lockdown and interrupts atm.