Are DHs still looked at as their original race?

Like are blood elf DHs still considered blood elves? Or no longer elves more demon?

If the Vault of the Wardens dungeon is any consideration, the answer might be “no” on them still being considered elves. However I’m not so sure if the DH’s even consider themselves elves.

Side tangent: Anyone else tend to view DH’s more like a prototype Allied race mixed in with a hero class?

3 Likes

They’re far demonic in which smaller traces of their race still remain.

Fel mutates you in strange awful ways, becoming more attuned to demonic evolution.

DHs souls are demonic tainted enough in which they’ll reincarnate in the twisting nether upon being terminated

If you think about it, DHs are actually Demons. Though, Blizzard is somewhat vague of what that means. Some Demons are spawned of chaos while others is corrupted.

Are Legion-bound Eredar still Eredar or demons? Is Kil’Jaden a demon? I think we can very safely say he is, but we know he wasn’t always that way.

So there are two classifications of demons, those born of the Twisting Nether, and those born of the Great Dark Beyond, then corrupted. Yet the term “Demon” is used to describe both of them, which implies one of two things.

A Demon could be defined by a loyalty to the Burning Legion, but that isn’t entirely true because before Sargaras’ fall, his charge was to contain the chaos of the twisting nether and fight off the demon hordes.

Which leaves only one implication left. A Demon is someone who’s soul is bound or tethered to the Twisting Nether, which Demon Hunters are. Demon Hunters are demons.

2 Likes

If that’s true I wouldn’t even want to play
Rp a dh

Some might. I’m not one of them.

Demon Hunters have a few qualities seen in the early Allied races: sharing the same animation of their parent race but having their own emotes and unique cosmetic appearances to give them a distinguish look. They don’t have their own racials but being a DH, designated as a “hero class”, makes up for that.

My theory is that Blizzard realized they were on to something here with how DH’s were designed and expanded on it, ergo making DH the “prototype” of what they wanted Allied races to be.