Are Argus Invasion Points a Roadblock to Solo Players?

Hi

I’m working through the Legion storyline, and have just gotten to the quest “Where They Least Expect It”, which requires me to complete an Invasion Point instance.

However from reading comments on Wowhead, it sounds like the invasion point bosses are not soloable (one guy reported that as one of a group of 2 level 120 players, he died several times before managing to kill the boss).

Given that the LFG tools don’t allow queuing for Legion content, I’ concerned that I’m basically stuck, with no way to proceed further in the Argus storyline.

Or has anyone managed to solo an Invasion Point? If so, are some of them easier than others? (I’m a level 120 mage, so mage-specific advice would be helpful.)

Thanks …

They’re easily soloable. I did them on an alt awhile ago and had no trouble with it.

Maybe that guy was talking about the Greater Invasion bosses? Those are raid bosses and will be harder. But the regular invasions aren’t challenging at all.

6 Likes

Are we talking about the regular invasion points or the raid one? The raid one is a pain, even for classes like BM. You should not have problems soloing the regular points.

2 Likes

Quasi-soloed a couple yesterday (I wasn’t alone but the other person or two who happened to be there at the same time were below 120). If you’re a fresh 120 then their special moves are probably still dangerous but the character I was on was a ilvl350 hunter and it basically tickled.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

I only need one lesser Invasion Point, so I’m glad to hear they’re soloable. Maybe the comments I saw were discussing Greater IPs, as suggested.

1 Like

I’m only iLevel 251, but I do have a couple of stacks of Resounding Protection on my headpiece, so I’m fairly durable for a mage. I had no problems soloing the basic Legion dungeons in Normal mode, even at level 114.

How do the lesser Invasion Point bosses compare to the basic Legion Zone dungeon bosses?

I’m stretching based on only a couple of runs as a 120 and a fuzzy memory, but I’d say they’re a step or two up from a normal dungeon boss. I suspect a 251 mage will find them challenging, but honestly I’d recommend just giving it a try and see what happens. I might be wrong and you toast 'em. At worst, you’ll have lost a few minutes and have a small repair bill, but have earned a better idea of how much more gear you’ll need.

Regular invasions should be soloable at max level. I used to solo them during Legion with my Guardian Druid (well, that was back when Guardian Druids were good), so ten levels extra should give a lot of wiggle room.

Greater Invasions are likely not soloable, even at max level. This is because some of the bosses have charm effects, which will end the encounter and kill you since no one else has aggro.

1 Like

During Legion, I zoned into them and then looked for a group in the group finder (it was usually instant.)

It is too bad there are not enough people that this works now =/

So it is basically better to just go to BFA at 110.

Greater invasions can be an issue solo. Bosses are loaded with HP and class/spec depending put out some pain. Forget the greater invasion I did but its boss basically put most of the peeps in it on a long as hell stuff. the boss at least shares the pain. Just you there, yeah…, I see bad things happening.

Lessers you should solo with little issues. The ice cavern one when you see the freeze warning coming get by the fires fast lol. that one draws out much longer if you don’t do this and get frozen a lot.

I though they removed needing that part to do the storyline during legion.

The Quest for it is still there.
So for completionists like myself, it’s a Roadblock.

I did a lesser invasión point (against a Dreadlord) alone 20 mins ago (i didn’t buy BFA)
Edit: Ret Pala.

Between the dungeon quest requirements for classes and professions (some of which default to Heroic), to these invasions you mentioned, it’s really impossible to “finish” Legion without first going to BFA.

BFA, max level, then benthic, then go back to Legion. Kinda stinks.

I’ve soloed them at 120. Not sure how someone died to them at level 120. Some have some mechanics that have to be watched.

One part of the problem is that they removed auto-accept for Lesser and Greater Invasions, possibly to keep people from completing this content while doing Legion at level.

The Argus questline cannot be completed without a Lesser Invasion. I don’t think the Greater Invasion leads to anything but unlocking the Lesser Invasion weekly.

I am able to solo any lesser invasion but Naigtal. Note that my gear is highly atypical. And still it takes a long time.

The best way to complete these is to keep running into the portals. During popular gametimes, sometimes you will run into one where others are already doing them, or someone may run in while you are inside at the entrance.

They really should scale the trash and fix the bosses so they don’t reset if you wipe. That way if someone needs 20 tries to kill a boss, they can keep plugging away at it until they get him dead, bit by bit.

You can solo a greater. I accidentally did it at 110. The gotcha is, you are going to end up at about 0% durability. When I did it shortly after Argus, the boss didn’t reset health so I could just throw myself at it. I died about 8000 times, but eventually wore the boss down.

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe you can solo an invasion point at level 110. Oh nevermind, just saw the last post. Another bad part of it is that your bodyguard disappears.

Currently, invasion bosses reset if the group wipes. So it’s highly unlikely any 110 without amazing gear (which I have) can solo even a lesser invasion boss.

Keep in mind that a typical 110 without argus tokens to redeem will turn 110 at 160 ilvl. Greater invasions are designed to be done by raid groups of geared 110 raiders using multiple tanks and healers at 110.

I like how people are ignoring that this is a 6 month old thread that got necroed for no reason

2 Likes