Are any bears (particularly mythic raiders) considering swapping to another tank for SL?

May be the time has come to constantly ask Ion and their dev team in twitter/q&a if they ignore everything that you guys said? They got an insanely high quality feedback from you, beta raid testers and etc but prefer to be silent. Since we don’t have any community managers anymore or game designers who speaks with community - I have no better options.

I wish one of those “content creators” had guts to ask questions about class design during their “interviews”.

4 Likes

Druid’s actually often been a somewhat spiky tank, depending on the tier and expansion, due to the old Savage Defense.

This is what I remember, the high health pool was to deal with being spiky for damage intake. Without a huge health pool large spikes would topple you constantly.

3 Likes

I signed up to twitter just to send a tweet to devs+ion asking about Guardian.

4 Likes

Pretty softball question there, cafe. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve never used twitter before; didn’t know I had a character limit ><

2 Likes

The tech is to write up a longer statement, take a picture of it, and just post the picture to twitter.

2 Likes

yeah I guess that would be the most efficient way lol, but honestly I didn’t feel like “Wtf devs, why are Guardians S%^^”, cause I know that ferals/guardians are in that weird state of class identity problem.

Plus I’m a nobody with 0 tweets so who would take it seriously if I came at em’ with a fastball.

Like Derez says, “If you want to talk about beta, go to beta forums”

2 Likes

And get ignored :slight_smile:

4 Likes

if you feel like a glass cannon with full vers on any tank then you’re a bad tank.

3 Likes

Good thing he didn’t say that, then.

“I feel like glass compared to my warrior” =/= “I feel like a glass cannon”

2 Likes

doesn’t invalidate my point. if someone genuinely feels that their 476 bear tank with full vers corruptions is a glass cannon compared to their “440 garbage warrior” then it’s 100% a player issue.

Where are you getting this “glass cannon” thing?

Quit making stuff up. You’re only arguing with yourself.

3 Likes

Did you read who I replied to? What are you even trying to argue with me about. You literally quoted the person I replied to as well. What are you trying to accomplish?

Instead of actually arguing about the main point you point out my poor word choice, probably to change the topic and talk about something else because you know there isn’t an argument to be had.

Never change wow forums.

1 Like

I like it when people respond to what others have actually said.

What you did was make something up that you wish somebody had said, and try to respond to that, instead.

Don’t do that.

6 Likes

Then let me rephrase that since my one word error offended you so much.

If someone genuinely feels like glass, on a 476 guardian druid with full vers, compared to, as they said it, “440 garbage warrior”, then it’s 100% a player issue.

6 Likes

My answer is best summed up by Rick Astley’s, “Never Gonna Give You Up.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

I’ve been playing a Paladin and it has a few of the things I’ve been saying Bears ought to have. It’s been quite fun and I think I may stick with it for SL. I don’t play at the highest level but I’m finding the Paladin more fun. I’ll level up my Bear, but I think it’ll be shelved for now. I recently got my Beta invite so I’ll be giving a fair opportunity for the SL Bear to impress me, but I don’t have high expectations.

Sad Bear is sad.

2 Likes

That’s probably what I’ll be doing, leveling my bear just in case but probably swapping to either Monk or Pally. I’m hoping I’ll get a beta invite eventually to test it for myself sooner or later.

And yeah, sad bear is sad :frowning:

1 Like

Ok so… I’m a little confused…

Most of the twitch/Youtube streamers I watch seem to think Guardian Druid is “alright” and “decent”… then I skim thru these forums and it’s all doom and gloom and “the spec is ruined now”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So which is it? Is it good or bad? Logically it can’t be both, it’s usually one or the other.

I admit I haven’t really been watching much beta Guardian Druid gameplay, been spending most of my spare/extra time keeping an eye on Boomie changes/developments.

Someone give me the quick TL;DR on the main nerfs to Bear Druid, if you would.

I’m fairly out of the loop on the topic of Guardian Druid in Shadowlands, like I said I’ve only heard the odd (mostly positive) second-hand remarks from these twitch/Youtube streamers.

How many of those streamers played a bear in BfA?

I have a Mage alt who just sits in Thunder Bluff and does my auction house stuff. He’s Arcane. When I level him as Arcane, I’m like “yeah, this is okay”. But any actual Mage will tell me I’m out of my mind. And I know from looking at data that Arcane is terrible, but if I just tool around on it for an hour (like streamers do with bear) then I don’t get an in-depth understanding of that.

7 Likes