Are alliance BGs as bad as people say? (Lvl 120)

Is it true if you Are alliance in 120 bgs you will lose 10/15 bgs? Or is that forum ragers.

^ it’s this

4 Likes

I see people with horde toons saying the same thing though. Maybe they are ally ragers on horde alts

I suppose it depends which BGs you are talking about tbh. Epics are iffy. Alliance have their good and bad days. 10/15 mans are quite close to 50/50

@OP, do you not have a 120 toon to play BGs and see for yourself? You can play either horde or alliance and answer the Q for yourself based on your specific time of play/day of week/etc. And whether you play small BGs or epics will likely make a difference as well.

1 Like

no i do not. i just came back to retail. trying to figure out which fac i want to play on. i do like alliance races more but dont mind being a blood elf. idk. if ally BGs are as bad as ppl say, i wont faction change.

In the 40 man BGs, Alliance struggles. And they struggle a LOT.

In the 10/15 man BGs, it does seem to be around a 50/50 win/loss.

I believe the reason epics are so lopsided in favor of the Horde is honestly due to how Horde try their butts off when they get into these (as well as how broken in favor of the Horde team Alterac Valley is now), but the Alliance seems to not care as much in comparison, and definitely happens to have a lot more infighting and general discourse of an apprehensive nature.

It’s really, really hard to lead the 40 mans when your team is bickering at each other. Horde usually know what to do, but the Alliance do not.

2 Likes

I get the sense that new players are more attracted to looks and have more good looking race options with Alliance than horde. Thus you get a lot more clueless alliance players in bg’s.

In regular BG’s I’ll usually hit a steak of either wins or losses. I think my personal record in the last month is very close to 50%

It comes down to:

1. it’s not that hard to get 10 people on the same page and doing the right things to get a win. A little communication goes a long way, as long as it’s not a troll complaining.
  2. As I’ve personally gotten better at pvp and more aware of how to win, I’ve gone from being a weak link dragging the team down to being somewhat helpful. It feels like others are in a similar spot skill wise.

Epic BG’s are a different story. Complete waste of time. Full of toxic trolls who would rather spend their time complaining instead of fighting. There has to be something I really want that I can only get from an Epic BG before I’ll even consider it.

2 Likes

BG’s honestly are a coin flip I feel. Win some, lose some, and always at least half your team is playing team death match instead of the objective.

my horde characters are all 60%+ win rate, some closer to 70 and i dont queue in groups

1 Like

My Alliance ones are too. Only bad epic BG was WG, and AV (at one point)

the current horde one is not

Alterac Valley

42%

Classic Warsong Gulch

73%

Classic Arathi Basin

63%

Eye of the Storm

25%

Strand of the Ancients

77%

Isle of Conquest

50%

Twin Peaks

67%

Silvershard Mines

81%

The Battle for Gilneas

71%

Temple of Kotmogu

69%

Deepwind Gorge

53%

i was talking about the total not just one map, genius

i dont know if you are able to calculate that on your own, but its about 68%

that is greater than 60%, you really need to work on reading and math skills

Seems sides towards horde by a good margin

In my limited experience I generally see what I assume to be premades on the horde side, plus more general teamwork on their part compared to the alliance. There’s certainly more of a solo mentality when it comes to the alliance for whatever reason.

Also it may just be something I’ve had bad luck with so take it with a grain of salt of course, but I’ve honestly seen better healers more frequently on the horde side.

1 Like

then say average is that hard to do?

I don’t do epics, but I do regular randoms on alliance a bit and win way more than I lose when I do queue. My lock for example has a 68% w/l overall. I use his w/l because he’s only ever been alliance while most of my other characters have been Horde too. Most of the maps are actually way, way higher than 50%.

I only really queue in early morning hours though, from around 3AM EST - 6AM EST. Dunno if that impacts it. I also only solo queue, no groups.

Said warlock is here:

I’ve seen a few people say alliance have been winning alot more lately

i c. JMO but what I would do is stay horde because it’s the best of both worlds. As horde you can choose to play horde side OR merc to alliance side. You can choose which side to play whenever you want.

Here’s a link to details on merc mode if you’re interested:

But you don’t get the 1.5 times honor if you merc