Arctic fox: is it a guaranteed spawn during snow?

I’ve spent about 2 hours flying around Storm Peaks while it is snowing (I promise, there is snow) and I still haven’t seen the arctic fox. Everything that I’ve read makes it seem like it’s all over the place when it’s snowing but that’s not the case for me.

I read about CRZs and War Mode potentially affecting you seeing it but I’ve logged out and back in (still snowing) and made sure WM was off. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

1 Like

This is highly discouraging as I am currently in the same boat waiting for snow in Storm Peaks.

With the Baby Ape, as soon as it started raining, they were EVERYWHERE. I was assuming it would be the same with the Arctic Fox. Sigh. Will be watching this for updates and will share if it starts snowing for me and tell you what happened.

I am also waiting for a sand storm in Tanaris, but that one seems far less likely for me to catch at the right time.

If you are just looking for paws on your mini map, sometimes they won’t show up and you’ll need to mouse over the ground. It also seems finicky, as I guess all areas don’t experience the snow the same? I’m just reading through the top Wowhead comment on it, tbh. It’s suggested to fly around to the different spawn points, just in case. I believe I found mine in the fields around K3.

Okay so I believe the issue with you seeing it snowing but not seeing fox kits solely lies with the cross realm zones/shared realms issue. Don’t give up though, I finally found a kit when it was snowing. Just keep checking in and flying around when you see snow. :slight_smile:

1 Like