Arcane Struggles

The helm enchant seems to work better with crit and maybe haste, seems to be really good on the classes that are already ahead like DH.

1 Like

Really? I haven’t noticed them make much of a difference only like 2% of overall damage. On a 476 helm the tooltip reads 90k damage with 1 ppm, that’s really underwhelming for something that took 5 weeks to unlock.

2 Likes

Before I ramble, I do want to agree that it still feels like we put in a LOT of effort to maintain our damage just to get passed by players who don’t need to work as hard.

I agree that it’s not very impactful. However, I don’t think the intention with this was to let us become significantly more powerful so we can feel stronger, but rather to make the raid easier without requiring a patch.

Blizzard usually makes raids easier over time (either through blatant nerfs or buffs). Adding an item that, after 5 weeks, gives every player 2% more damage is almost the same as a time-gated 2% nerf to every boss.

This is a “we made the raid easier for you” nerf disguised as a “we made you stronger” buff and I’ll be honest, I’m all for it. It’s not so impactful that the person who was away for a week feels behind but not so useless that nobody bothers to get it. By comparison, I’m pulling 1% upgrades out of my vault each week. This item is like getting a bonus vault choice this week that I don’t even have to think about!

3 Likes

Yeah, its weird, its not a PPM thing, DH seems to just apply it on more abilities as they pop off in addition to the tons of crit they gets boosts to crit damage with things like : Know Your Enemy - Spell - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

I think its also magic damage, so they play into that too.

Just some observations. Hopefully, when things are leveled out, we get a tuning pass in a few weeks, once more of the axes are in the wild.

1 Like

I just mean in general. I can do ok damage on trash packs if I pop cds, but classes like DH are able to do just as much and more on every pack and arcane just doesn’t compete along those lines. Not crying for buffs or anything, just saying I don’t bother trying to top meters because it’s not happening.

I just get my kicks from boss damage and call it a day. Had a blast last night in a pug raid after I finally remembered to use the ST build on most bosses. Was doing great on Igira last night until the healers forgot I was there :smiley:

2 Likes

Whitewizard is on to something here. Why does Rapid Fire which is like Arcane Missiles, hit so much harder than Arcane missiles? Baseline needs to be increased. Tier Piece is garbage. Maintaining a 5 stack buff while hoping your random clearcasting procs line up with mob pulls is so anxiety ridden it ridculous.

1 Like