Arcane Stability does not work properly with Missile Barrage procs

I reported this in beta, and seeing as it made it to pre-patch I felt like I should report it here.

The arcane mage talent Arcane Stability gives 100% pushback reduction when using Arcane Missiles. However, if you also gain a Missile Barrage proc, the push back reduction does not work properly.

This does not display visually, but in the combat log (and damage numbers) will show only 2-3 missiles going off while being melee’d.

The actual castbar will not decrease from the pushback, but the missiles simply won’t go off as if pushback occurred leaving this awkward gap in damage that’s immediately noticeable.

This is easily reproduceable by getting multiple mobs to hit you, get a missile proc, and attempt to use arcane missiles. You will only see 2-3 damage numbers appear, which the combat log also confirms.

Using arcane missiles normally works without issue. The problem only appears with the missile barrage proc.

21 Likes

Same here! Been trying to explain it to others and no one seemed to understand. Hopefully we can get some confirmation on this!

4 Likes

It’s very easily reproduceable. It happens 100% of the time

Get a missile proc and get hit while casting the ability and you’ll just stand there channeling with nothing happening for over a second at a time

3 Likes

Thought I was going crazy shooting only a few times - glad to see someone else solved the bug. Now only to get it fixed…

4 Likes

And still not fixed…

3 Likes

Every few days I see an update, but I should know not to get my hopes up.

I expect this issue to be resolved sometime around Ulduar release. It’s just the state of things, unfortunately.

2 Likes

And here I though for a sec that that was just my bad connection. Can confirm, still an issue!

2 Likes

Still bugged as of 9/29

5 Likes

confirming this is still a problem and is reproducable

3 Likes

We should put a bet on it for how long it’ll go unfixed lmao… still not fixed

3 Likes

Still bugged 10/4. Arena is out and it is now a major bug. Please fix.

2 Likes

I wish I saw this post when I posted earlier. You are absolutely correct, that I would get about 3 waves off, when ever I shot near melee ranged. Absolutely sucks.

Please fix this blizzard, and while you’re at it, I wish it could stack to 2 or 3, because firing off Arcane blast then barrage and getting two missile barrage procs in a row really sucks.

Hope it gets fixed today when I log into my Mage. :crossed_fingers::v:

I am not holding my breath for it.

1 Like

Confirmed this morning. BUG still exists.

Please, let’s get this bug fixed.

2 Likes

Hahaha… maybe tomorrow morning it’ll be fixed. :smirk:

1 Like

still bugged 10/10/2022

please fix this is a major bug for both PvP and PvE. It’s a significant talent for arcane

2 Likes

Still bugged.

Blizzard, please fix this. Really makes missile barrage lackluster when getting smacked in the face. 5 missile waves turned to one… One!

And if it wouldn’t be too awful, why is the buff from arcane blast only 6 seconds? Doesn’t really mesh well with missile barrage.

Still bugged, please blizzard this bug makes arc so bad in pvp

2 Likes

Yep, absolutely enjoyable getting pummeled by melee and getting 1 or 2 waves off.

1 Like