Arcane priest!

I’m clearly a shaman.

OP is clearly a priest …. :roll_eyes:

I hope it works! It would be really cool to see another viable build. I’d like to see more NE priests as well.

8 Likes

That talent setup is so utter garbage compared to deep shadow, even just basic math wise you’ll do less dps then a meme spec.

1 Like

I’m glad the OP is excited to try out something new rather than whining like some people here do :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Kulz the problem people have is they think DPS is everything and nothing else matters.

mana and longeitivty is going to be king in SOM for casters and blizzard has alreayd shown with the buffs and loot that stacking warriors and rogues is not going to work and the beta showed that.

dispells and mana burn alreayd shown to be much more value recently.

the talent setup is just one example of like several builds that focus on different task but the idea is still mana regen and dots with some kind of side focus (shadowweaving/mana burn/pure dps/offheal)

havign access to dungeon set 2 from the start is also a big plus with this build as you cna be fully decked out in epics thats fit the build without taking much raid loot. (lots pf spirit spell damage and MP5)

2 Likes

No, having unconventional spec’s is fine, however that spec straight up does nothing. Literally everything you proposed can be done by three other priest spec’s and still doing more support and DPS throughput.

You can live in your fantasy but it doesn’t make you correct by any standard or measure.

show me your logs proving it? there literally isn;t any because people never could actrually make use of it before due to debuff limit. now that thats gone it can be maximized in many different ways.

a shadow priest might have more upfront damage but will burn through mana in 30 sec’s. leading this build to still being doing full damage damage twice as long as i have tested.

more overall damage but less upfront as it;s mostly consistent damage thats mana effiecent.

i am not looking to create the next meta priest dps, i am looking for something fun that will work with the buffs and goals of SOM seen already in the beta where BURST dps is clearly not going to be everything now on soem fights as you need mechanics of certain classes that stacking 25 warriors will fail at. (lets alone trying to gear those warriors where this build can mostly for the start of SOm gear up fast outsaidde of raiding with D2 set while picking up on some raid items later on. allowing to gear up others also.

1 Like

I had a smite priest alt in Classic, and it wasn’t until ZG, so Phase 4, with access to spell hit gear could I even come close to decent numbers.

So you’ll be mana efficient and missing until the 8th month of a 12 month gaming season. :rofl: …but i think if I do play SoM I’d go full meme, ultra niche, Night Elf Arcane Priest.

2 Likes

there is plenty of spell hit on rings/trinkets/neck. swp will be hit capped easily and no caster ever has full hit cap when not including talents. and regular items also have hit which you don;t need to make use of the 8/8 tier.5 set you really only need the 4 set for spell power and you cna pick all the best MP5/spirit items.

Why would you need logs for something you can do basic math for?

lmao you really don’t understand anything do you?

i am not looking to create the next meta priest dps

You’re also not looking to be helpful either, o no you could cast another 8 spells over 5mins but did far less dps then the guy who casted 8 less spells.

You do realize simcraft and math are a thing right? lol

1 Like

Kul can you please take your sad self out of this thread?

your not being productive and all you do is complain.

as i said before NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DPS AND BUFFED MC has proven that or stacked warrior comps would still be the go to meta

Hm I would of but you decided to throw a pathetic attempt at a jab. So no, I won’t.

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DPS

Which does not override the point that you’re attempting to be less useful then you should and could be.

1 Like

if that were true then no one would bring priest for dispell/mana burn/buffs/debuffs and the only dps allowed would be warriors

there is also the concept of being able to heal and dps for different fights that shadow priest can not do as well even if they have a heal set

Or you know…they just have the priest use runes or potions to offset the mana cost and still fill those roles as they did the entirety of classic…

You should really think your responses through more

if that were true then no one would bring priest for dispell/mana burn/buffs/debuffs and the only dps allowed would be warriors

Also this is a strawman because priests heal, they even have a shadow weaving disc spec. Your point is bad and so was your argument for it. Using this fallacy of “hurr durr meta” does nothing for you on this topic.

Sure, by ZG, but before that you will not get priority for the few pieces that do exist as an Arcane Priest over any frost mage, and lock.

The beta only showed that because casters had infinite mana pots.

2 Likes

Someone should tell Kaivex …

Diversity…because locks and mages chugging infinite mana pots. :rofl:

1 Like

I mean…yeah. Someone should tell him that giving mana users infinite mana pots isn’t representative of what will actually happen when this goes live.

SoM is just going to be warrior heaven. You think some new mechanics will change the fact that non-mana users can dps forever? The mechanics will quickly be figured out and that’s that.

BUT…good luck op. Find something new and fun and go for it.

2 Likes

zdps build