Arcane Mage, 9.1.5 and 9.2 Arena

I think they are tracking a lot of things, I’m just not sure if they have the resources to allocate to it or want to.

Tuning passes have dramatically decreased over time. There is no way they DONT play their own game and aren’t aware of everything we’ve said, trolling aside. Like there is no possible way someone hasn’t said something at the water cooler at work about the issues ingame we’ve mentioned and others have mentioned in dozens of theads.

I could be wrong, but i want to believe there is a big chalkboard at work of planned changes and buffs/nerfs/tuning to everything on the radar and it will all be put out at once.

If they could do a combination of legion with SL that would be great. Change clearcasting back to be the only way to cast missiles and to increase the damage based on charges. Make clearcasting not purgeable.

Another thing that could be neat would be to change arcane similar to ryze in LoL. Allow the amount of charges to someway change your abilities. Similar to WoD Monks with chi explosion.

4 charge poly can’t be kicked, lasts longer
4 charge slow roots
4 charge missiles grant you movement speed and or casting while moving.

Supernova should be baseline as it’s legit just an extra kick, and nether tempest needs a HUGE buff

2 Likes

Supernova baseline should be an idea moving forward to the next expansion. However, I don’t think that would be realistic for 9.2 because they would need to create a new talent to fill its place. Until then, Supernova damage needs to be increased heavily. Its way too much of a dps loss for the small utility supernova brings. Orb should do more damage overall (because of the charge gain), but supernova needs to be more competitive in that row.

LOL wtf and i should have no CD on trap and 17 pets lul

1 Like

worst arcane mage w/ the worst take yet again…

2 Likes

Great ideas man. I said this on Reddit, I still don’t know how you’re doing it. I did improve quite a bit watching your stream but no one will even try playing with me. I’ve faced some arcane mages and it’s always a free win. Tempest needs to be stronger and unpurgeable for a short time. The spell steal should be unstealable back for a short time. Maybe one more blink would be good. If we’re inevitably going to be kicked give us more survival or something to prevent the kick occasionally at least.

The spec is INDEED purposefully undertuned for damage in pvp. The spell modifiers in pvp significantly nerf arcanane damage by a lot. It’s because at it’s core arcane scales really good with percentage damage modifiers. And way back when other classes had buffs that you could throw on arcane mages and make them one shot targets.

This was changed a little when the arcane school got a damage boost. But largely arcane’s cooldowns are still nerfed by almost 33% on some. They need those nerfs reverted and given then a silence resistance talent.

As far as I know, only Arcane power is nerfed in Arena (66% from baseline) - which is fair - although I think that damage has to be redistributed elsewhere. Arcane blast has a 20% bonus damage in pvp - which I think could still be increased slightly.

Rune of power is nerfed of course, as it is for all the specs.

I think incanters should be unnerfed as it isn’t one shotty - but just increases our overall dmg which at baseline is super low for all the specs

Barrage is the only ability that doesnt need to get buffed as its modified heavily by legendaries and talents.

1 Like

Nerf Arcane

3 Likes

Make arcane play like it was in TBC. I.E. remove some of the GCDs and it will be fine.

Honestly they should just remove spammable missiles and just make it so that clearcasting procs are more frequent and hit way harder (sorta like how they did in Legion). Or just bring back Legion arc mage and that should fix everything.

It is the most elitist too, akin to that of mythic raiders. I think people are quick to dismiss changes because it affects “their class and their class is fine, it is the other classes that need nerfs and a learn to play issue because you can’t beat my nerfed/weakened class.”

spammable missiles are fine, they cost ALOT of mana and barely do any damage. Plus spammable missiles gives you a way of fake casting more often. Its just that a clear casting proc has to do much more damage in pvp because of how hard it is to proc, stack, and cast.

Master of Escape should make Greater Invisibility also remove dots off you so it doesn’t break the moment you cast it, if absorb shields cause regular stealth with a near non-existent cooldown to not break on dot damage why does a 2 min/75 second cooldown not get similar or the same treatment?

3 Likes

No kidding if people take time to read this thread, whether you like the ideas or not this is probably the most you will ever see a group of mages collectively post about buffing mage in a way that’s somewhat realistic/civil/not whiny.

Also do agree, with only one school arcane has the type of fundamental weakness very few classes do anymore. Think the spec is only really good when it has GLARING strengths to offset (i.e. Legion mobility/burst damage).

Fundamental issues aside, some increase in PvP damage would help arcane be more competitive. Not 100% sure I’d necessarily enjoy that because of the comps that seem to do well when arcane is in the meta but do think it’s unreasonably low rep right now.

2 Likes

WTB supernova being baseline and doing at least 8k damage.

along with nether tempest doing 300% more damage baseline damage than it does now.

1 Like

The spec needs serious help. According to murlokio you got 12 people across all regions playing it between 2k and R1.

Pretty abysmal representation. Only 12 people in entire world wanna play arcane between 2k-r1. Also a good example of masochism

1 Like

Arcane empowerment feels awful right now because of this. One extremely easy change would be to bake an increase in proc chance into this pvp talent, and then the increase in damage (from taking AE) would be naturally offset by a decrease in one-shot potential/defensives/utility as you’d have to give up sphere, temp shield, or mass invis.

Sphere is a ton of fun, but I don’t enjoy one-shotty type builds too much. Would rather see more consistent damage from missiles. Personal pref tho, and a buff to AE wouldn’t affect current sphere builds in any way.

Well I don’t see why it can’t just be a passive. Using an arcane spell generates a charge of clear cast. 1 for 1 ratio.

Then just play with the damage of it to where it not broken.

Though I think arcane blast needs adjustment as well as it’s more of a nuke and not a filler. For how mana intensive it is to spam 4 charge blast it should have a bit more oomp.

I could be mistaken but i feel like sphere was just made to be a for fun ability for casual pvp. Though you could prob make it work in 3s and at high rating if you all play around it, but that feels like gpyro with more work lol