Arcane M+ feels awful sometimes

I don’t know what is worse. The mobs dying too fast for Totm or the 45 sec cooldown on Totm that means I may get out of sync with pulls.

I find myself having the next back start at 13seconds left on TotM and by the time I get it and do my combo the pack is dead and my focus target won’t make it to the end of Totm.

So every other back I pull 20k+ and the packs in between I’m barely ahead of the tank. If you get a bad boss mechanic in your Arcane power window I basically want to get up and walk away from the keyboard.

And even with a glorious uninterrupted ToTm run you still are hoping to God that barrage crits. You’re whole spec… everything rides on 1 crit. Lol.

I don’t want to just complain though so here’s what I think.

1.) Slipstream baseline
2.) Clearcast procs need to last 2x as long. Like 30seconds
3.) Totm cooldown 30sec
4.) Recast Totm to detonate early.

Nerf
5.) Reduce arcane harmony legendary to 4-5% per stack.

2 Likes

Mostly like the suggestions, but if Arcane Harmony would need a nerf, it should be nerfed with stack number, not power. Making it 10 in all modes does the job - it limits its power in PVE and does not affect PVP (where it is capped at 10 stacks already).

2 Likes

Once you get 4 set, you basically have to be in higher keys or in fortified weeks to see your full damage…sucks for lower keys, but them’s the rules lol.

While a crit is always nice, your damage is still strong without them and they tend to even out through a dungeon anyway. Would be dope if we had guaranteed crit chance inside of ToTM. Though.

Your nerf is interesting to me because that would roughly decrease your final barrage damage by 1/3 to 1/2 (quick maths :slight_smile: )…why would you suggest lowering the specs overall damage if you are concerned you aren’t doing enough damage as is? CC change is okay, but I don’t see that having significant impact on your damage output…more QoL than anything.

1 Like

The nerf would be to balance out the TotM being 30 seconds instead of 45. At 30 seconds and with detonation control we will get back most of that damage.

Plus by nerfing arcane harmony as the counter balance to the buffs we don’t actually hurt the spec at the core just the borrowed power. You don’t want arcane to dominate on borrowed power. It’s better to be B+ tier at the core than S tier on borrowed power.

1 Like