Arakkoa Playable Race Outline

“The Arakkoa of Draenor have lead a tumultuous existence, from the clash of Anzu and Sethe and the rise and fall of Terokk, to many of their population being cursed with the last wish of a dying god. Now re-unified after the war against the Iron Horde, the Order of the Awakened pushed forward into a productive and prosperous future in Arak. However, after many years, the constant threat of the Lightbound and the slowly-approaching death of their timeline has lead many Arakkoa to seek aid and asylum in their old allies from another world.”

Classes

Warrior: YES. Every race can be Warriors.

Paladin: YES. Similarly to the Tauren, Arakkoa Paladins wouldn’t necessarily be worshippers of the Holy Light, rather, a power that manifests similarly. In this case, it would be the High Arakkoa’s tendency to channel sunlight into powerful magical abilities.

Hunter: YES. Every race can be Hunters.

Rogue: YES. As seen in the Spires of Arak questline, a main focus for the Cursed Arakkoa was subterfuge and espionage, being able to evade detection by that which was literally right over their heads at all times. It would make sense for many Arakkoa to be Rogues.

Priest: YES. Probably the quintessential Arakkoa class, since they are a race known for channeling both Light and Void based effects.

Shaman: NO. While it was tempting to allow them to be Shamans due to their use of ‘trinkets,’ they haven’t really shown any connection to the elements (maybe due to the presence of the Orcs on Draenor?) and wouldn’t make very good Shamans

Mage: MAYBE. All Arakkoan magic seen was based on Light effects or Void effects. Unlike other many other races, I highly doubt the existence of any true Arakkoa mages. However, that doesn’t mean any wouldn’t take interest in it.

Warlock: NO. For similar reasons to the Draenei, the Lightforged Draenei, and the Mag’har (all races also from Draenor), use of demons and fel would probably be highly looked down upon in Arakkoan society due to the events of Warlords of Draenor. If these were Outland Arakkoa, then Warlock would make sense.

Monk: YES. Every class can be Monks except for 3, of which only one makes sense having the restriction. Even the Mag’har can be Monks, and they are about as disconnected from the Pandaren as the Arakkoa are, if not more so.

Druid: NO. Similarly to Shaman, the Arakkoa have not shown even a hint of reverence for nature outside of their raven allies (they’re probably on the same level as Bronzebeard Dwarves) and as such would make terrible Druids.

Demon Hunter: NO. Obviously.

Death Knight: MAYBE. Assuming Bolvar continues raising Death Knights after the events of Shadowlands, then yes, this would make sense. If he stops, then no.

Racial Traits

[Grace of the Raven Lords]
Instant. Active. 2m cooldown.
“Allows mountless flight for 12 seconds, even while in combat. Makes you immune to roots and snares while active, but does not remove ones present before use. Abilities can be used while airborne.”

(yes i know cursed arakkoa can’t actually fly, but we can say they regained the ability in the time skip between the end of wod and now, but for some reason still look weird)

[Summon Familiar]
Instant. Active. 15m cooldown.
“Summons an avian familiar that follows you around for 1 minute. The familiar can be used as a mailbox and for bank storage access, and allows you to change your talents outside of rest areas as long as it is present. Can be renamed similarly to a Hunter pet.”

[Trinket Crafter]
Passive.
“Enchanting skill increased.”

[Eyes of Anzu]
Passive.
“Can detect cloaked creatures in a wider radius than normal.”

[Children of Rukhmar]
Passive.
“Reduces Shadow and Fire damage taken.”

Customization

Face:

• Feather Color
  • Beak Color
  • Feather Style (similar to hairstyle)
  • Eye Color
  • Discoloration (feather-wise, some Arakkoa have discolorations near the roots of their feathers)

Accessories:

• Brooch (since some Arakkoa are seen with one)
  • Mask (some were seen wearing masks that form-fit to their beaks in a way helmets wouldn’t)

Body:

• Cursed (would simply be a checkmark, similarly to orcs being hunched. unlike current Arakkoa, being cursed wouldn’t give an entirely new model in order to preserve customization, and instead would have them a bit smaller and hunched over)

Heritage Armor

Likely something similar to what High Sage Viryx wore. Dark enough to fit the Cursed, while pointy and regal enough to fit the High.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=76266/high-sage-viryx#modelviewer

4 Likes

Can’t say that I’m a fan of the bird people.

It would seem weird for me.

Now BEAR-people. Now we’re talking

Not furbolgs. Body framed bears to be big and muscular not fat and portly is what I’m thinking.

Ancient bump.

Yes please to Arrakoa.

1 Like

How the heck is this post seeable?! It’s been 3 years

If anyone is interested in playable Arakkoa, there is an Arakkoa megathread that would love to have the support:

I personally would be happy to see them playable, along with being paired with Saberon. Just a personal preference, of course. :tiger2: :parrot:

—8 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

:meat_on_bone::crocodile: :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

Wow, I forgot I posted this. Maybe free flight every 2 minutes was a little overpowered?

Nah, arakkoa are ugly. Blizz shouldn’t waste their time on this.