Arakkoa allied race

please blizzard… i REALLY wanna play a little-old birdman with a kaliri pet. please, PLEASE make this happen, it’d be so cool! heck, give’em both the cursed, and pristine looks! i’d LOVE to have them be playable… i would give an actual long-winded explination for why they’d be a fantastic race aside from their lore, but i’ve been up all night so i’m a little too tired to do that.

(though i will say, a racial ability that either let’s them fly without a mount, or glide/double-jump like demon-hunters… that’d be pretty sweet.)

13 Likes

Well… some of the Arrakoa escaped with the Mag’har at the end of their scenario.

So its certainly possible that they might join the Alliance or Horde at some point. Or maybe they’ll just be enemies. Fingers crossed for playable birds.

4 Likes

I’ve wanted them playable since BC! My top picks for Ar’s are Naga, Arrakoa and Sethrak.

I think it could be interesting if they adapted the undead frame into the lesser arrakoa. Atleast thats the only frame i think would make sense for an AR imo.

Lets hope something comes of that Mag’har scenario!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I would love this. both versions of arakkoa ( wod and bc ) would be glorious for an allied race.
I would think they would be alliance… horde should get saberon.

1 Like

ARAKKOA NOW.

1 Like

Oh man, I would love if they added Arakkoa. Conversely, if we had gotten Sethrak instead of vulpera…

Arakkoa and sethrak are my top dream AR’s. I really hope they become playable someday :snake: :bird:

3 Likes

And we have a portal for Draenor in Stormwind, through which they could come, fleeing the Lightbound.

To give you some hope, there are some canon reasons.

2 Likes

Arrakoa didn’t make it over, only Botani and saberon, presumably because arrakoa didn’t live in Gorgrond. Always possible Blizzard just forgot about them too.

Unpopular opinion, I loved Spires of Arak. Would love arrakoa as playable myself, especially hunched ones.

2 Likes

This would be cool, but if they have Druids their moonkin form should be a human or something.

2 Likes

Please @Blizzard we want the Arakkoa as a playable race!!! We’ve been waiting for many many years!! Their lore is so strong with a great personality.

Their classes could be, Warrior, Rogue, Priest, Mage, Warlock, Druid, Shaman, Hunter.

Their added racial abilities you can create are so obvious as well throughout the story of The Spires of Arak. Such as; They can get a racial called [Scroll Keeper] for a boost on the Inscription profession using their own feathers as quills. They can have racial spell called [Quick Scribble] that quickly writes a scroll that can heal the player or lay a curse on the enemy. Kind of like Vulpera’s bag of tricks. Their special racial could even summon a Kaliri pet that can send mail which would be the first race of its kind to be able to do so.

Seriously Blizzard, there are so many great and creative possibilities with this race and they would be a great addition to the ‘War Within’ expansion. Wow is missing a playable bird race. D&D have the Aarakocra and Kenku, so why can’t we have the Arakkoa? You have built a great foundation around them to able fight for both factions.

1 Like

If you’re interested in supporting Arakkoa as a playable race, there is an ongoing megathread supporting playable Arakkoa that would love to have more support:

:rice_cracker::parrot:

1 Like

You’re a Warlock, not a Death Knight.

Stop. Raising. The. Dead. This thread was dead for four years!

1 Like
1 Like

The sheer amount of necro’d threads is really getting ridiculous.