AQ20 skill books loot rules?

How are you guys handling the aq20 skill books loot wise? I ran a soft reserve run a few days ago, people were soft reserving the books, which was fine by me. But my question is how do you handle the books generally loot wise? I had only the class that could use it, roll on it if they wanted to learn it. If they already had it, I’d proceed to open roll.

Need before greed…if your class books drop then need and must be learned on the spot. Needing gold btw does not count for “need.” JMHO

8 Likes

Indeed, that’s why the “greed” icon is gold.

6 Likes

Oh, you know that and I know that but far too many will say “that book is worth X-amount of gold on the AH” and think that gives them the right to roll need.

Most AQ runs on my server are GDKP and there really are no rules about the books because people are allowed to bid on them for their alts or to sell at a profit if they so choose.

GDKP rules are obviously different because people are spending gold for loot and in theory, the whole raid benefits. The more gold earned the more gold distributed to the raid as whole.

I’ve only done 2 runs and those were with my guild. Need if you need it, greed otherwise. The books are not like a boe epic in a dungeon where everyone needs.
If you’re doing a pug with soft res, GDKP, or your own loot rules like ZG has been done, that works too.

No matter what rule you decide on, they’re going to go with it for the chance to get their books. Just make sure that whatever rule you decide on, you’re clear about it, and consistent. If there’s a priority on who can roll, don’t ignore that rule… even if your guild’s main tank is with you and really needs that book.

Lol. Your server has gold-bid runs that redistribute? What’s that like…?

Those are the only GDKP runs I see as well. At the end, it’s all split evenly.

Literally every run on Faerlina is simply gold bid where the guild/guy forming pockets all the gold. I’ve never even seen a group advertised that redistributes

There are legitimate GDKP runs on Faerlina that redistribute the gold to players at the end but some of them pay more to the “carries” in the raid with people in the “buyers” category getting less.

The gold bid runs advertised in world and lookingforgroup chat are just some amateur nonsense.

Who runs them? We’re basically done running MC so I wouldnt mind joining one but like I said, I’ve literally never seen one.

The gbid runs are ridiculous but they almost always fill… Its crazy

Bergelmir usually runs a BWL + MC GDKP on Sundays but I think their schedule is changing now because they’re adding a GDKP AQ.

I’m not gonna post the discord here but you should be able to find it if you google around.

If you’re in a gdkp where the pot is not split evenly, you’re being scammed.

Find another run, there are plenty.

1 Like

Highest roll 1st come 1st serve.

Are you horde or alliance?

They have been aggressively a thing ever since ZG. Most are just idols/mounts and/or heart gbid, but I’ve seen one or two full ones too.

This is the proper way IMO… unless everyone agrees to something else.

The person who ACTUALLY needs it and intends to use it should get priority over those who simply wish to sell it.

It’s on Faerlina Alliance

I’ve seen similar types of runs as well.

If tanks get an extra 5% or something minuscule, that’s not a big deal as long as it’s a solid run.

Anything over that though just find another group.