AQ20 gear requirements

I’m curious as to what kind of gear a healer should have before trying to join a group for AQ20.

I know AQ40 is the superior raid, and I have little interest in touching that right now so I thought AQ20 could be an easier start.

I’m obviously not there yet since I only have a few MC and ZG pieces, but I’d like to know what kind of goal to strive for.

Any kind of insight would be appreciated.

Not sure, all i know is that gauntlet event is a real test of mana management and endurance if you can’t get those occasional split second out of combat drinks off, even fully BWL and AQ geared i still have to pop mana pots through that event to not go oom

They probably intend for you to use more healers than people are using normally.

Outside of that fight though the healing isn’t that crazy,well…those trash packs before the wasp boss are also a pain…

Definitely seems like healers have the highest minimum requirements for AQ 20 compared to other roles

Let the aura heal everyone but the tanks. The intervals of AoE damage that the raid takes are far enough apart that the aura will completely heal them unless they pull aggro.

2 Likes

Might be a different fight entirely for the alliance

You guys have threat reduction and “infinite” mana paladins to spot heal

Edit: one thing to add about this fight, on the last general boss in the gauntlet that does the massive aoe knockback damage, you only have to heal the tanks, the aoe always does 50% of your current hp, so as long as no one pulls aggro you technically can never die from it

1 Like

If you have a decent mix of MC/ZG and dungeon blues you should be fine.

I mean I wouldn’t want to roll in there with greens but as long as you’ve put in a little time gearing at 60 it should be okay. It also helps that there’s a lot of geared people pugging AQ20 right now for various reasons so the gear requirements group wide aren’t super high.

1 Like

Just get pre-bis blues from dungeons.

I’d post an easily readable image that shows you exactly what you need but bli$$ard won’t let me. Just google egregious-classic-resto-shaman-progressive-bis

Sounds like I might be ready for it then.

I just need to get my Dire Maul trinket, and Fordring’s seal then I ought to be set.

Thanks for the info everyone!

The aura you don’t get unless you have enough cenarion circle rep? That one?

I never knew you had to be friendly to get the aura.

To be fair, it’s not a problem for very long, you hit friendly pretty quick.

Old school strats right here!

Well alliance side they will take about anybody with even remotely decent gear because getting paladins to go to AQ20 is difficult. If you raid on a paladin even somewhat regularly you will need nothing from AQ20 as a healer there is nothing for you there.

on par with ZG - even a little easier as Hakkar is a heavier boss than anything in AQ20.

edit: neck’s good for paladins from AQ20.

Parses, parses are there.

A fresh 60 healer is noticed in aq20 for horde. It’s mainly the gauntlet event as another mentioned.

A quality group may take you for windfury and poison cleanse.

I healed it pretty comfortably and carried my own weight on my priest with about 260 +healing. Pretty sure I was second place for overall healing that run. I don’t think you need to worry too much about being super geared for it. Some people will make it sound like if it’s super hard, but just like with anything else, if you and the raid know the mechanics then everything is much easier. My priest got denied a run the next lockout because I wasn’t bwl geared or something and the guy claimed it was too hard for me. Odd because I had picked up a lot more gear and pushed my +healing up to about 400 by that time.

2 Likes

That’s plenty, the key to doing AQ 20 is know and actually do the mechanics of your group is at the correct gear level, and it actually sounds like you are. You wil do fine.

Shaman requirements? Poison cleansing totem.

Dungeon set 2, zg equivalent gear, mc gear is perfectly adequate.

Bwl gear is overkill

That fight isn’t that bad, people are just wasting mana needlessly. If people aren’t actively taking damage, you dont need to heal them. The NPCs give an aura that heals over time quite adequately. But I always see healers healing over it, and then popping mana pots and complaining instead of letting the aura put in work.