AQ War Efforts and Scarab Lord Grind

Good Morning Azeroth, with the upcoming next phase somewhat soon, theres a glaring question. With min/maxing a thing and everybody already knowing whats required to open the gates; We’re left with a simple truth, the grind for Scarab Lord will no longer be viable. The war effort original numbers seem very nerfed compared to the original numbers in comparison. The Scarab Lord grind was nasty and took ages to get the required 49k husks to delve in to the easier parts of the quest chain. Since everybody is already saving for the AQ Gate opening event due to the Virus, I’m wondering what Blizzard is planning to combat this. It took an entire guild effort for the Scarab Lord Grind. Not only that, Layering is bringing in a new dynamic of unfortold circumstance as well. I’m on a Fairbanks where horde outnumber Alliance in great amounts. I want to seriously try for it, but it seems like a lost cause… Just like Black Lotus, the spawn rates need to increase, but with layering, it will bring in the layer switching to clear a hive, change layer, clear hive etc… INPUT Blue? What are the plans for Scarab Lord, because at this point, theres too many unforeseen problems that can arise. What is Blizzards ideas from this point to combat all of this? Population vs Bug Population, layering, Min Maxing, all circumstance that can ruin the original aspect of the quest chain. It’s going to ruin the experience for so many people. Some people cant take a week or two off, life happens, etc… But, people want to try for it regardless.

Another problem caused by megaservers. Blizzard, your genius is showing.

2 Likes

Be surprised if they allow layering on any server once the event goes live , i mean it would be pretty silly , what we going to open the gates twice?

If you cant do it in 3 weeks the grind that is on a high pop balanced servers , you might struggle i would imagine they will have them open by then.

Both factions have to contribute, and though the requirements are scaled based on faction population, we don’t know if it was based on a flat number or a percentage.

To top this off, how long with the low population protection mechanic of automatically increasing the war effort (by 3% each time, I think) actually come into play on imbalanced and dead servers?

Yeah both have to contribute , first i have heard of this.

There will be people who have hoarded supplies for this for ages no doubt, but it cant be done in anything less than 3 resets i believe?

No idea tbh

Just flex harder.

the war effort will be completed on most servers within a few days.

scarab lord requires two raid lockouts, the first one being when your SL loots broodlord’s head. Second reset is to clear BWL in full. There’s stuff after the second BWL lockout IIRC but that is the real bottleneck. You can’t do the SL chain in the first raid lockout after phase 5 drops

With populations the way they are now, the turn in speed is going to be nuts, and the war effort will be completed within the week. Just skip the AQ Gate opening nonsense and get straight to raiding. Simple solution, but I myself want to try for SL. Its a far cry from happening, but the reality is, 90% of the playerbase cannot compete with multiboxers, or streamer guilds. Blizz seems to want to ignore this subject altogether. I’ve seen multiple posts, yet nothing from a blue about their intentions towards any real solution.

Blizzard isnt going to do anything about it. So, the no lifers and people that can share accounts will get it.

If you have a life doing anything of value in classic is unreachable. Just try and remember all the fun you had in vanilla, cuz classic is no where near the experience.

Here is the fact people like you need to understand.

99% of people who play this game don’t care about the AQ war effort. It’s not fun, there is nothing remotely interesting about it. There is no reason for blizzard to care about the AQ war effort or how fun it is for the tiny of minority of players. Most of us just want to get into the raid ASAP.

1 Like

Just accept you won’t get Scarab Lord. It was an unrealistic goal for the vast majority of Vanilla players too. Only 1, maybe 2 people in the top guilds on the server (likely one from each faction) had a chance of getting it. And that person had to be supported by the guild. So the guild needed to be really organized and have people willing to help the Scarab Lord.

The number of tryhard guild vastly surpasses the amount of serious guilds from Vanilla. Unless you’re in one of those guilds and the one nominated in that guild to get the Scarab Lord, you have no chance of getting it.

3 Likes

The way Im contributing is to stay away from that zone, to help with the lag.

You are welcome. =)

1 Like

wut

3 Likes

You mean you and your guild havent been communicating with other guilds going for the grind?

On Herod its being coordinated, but you will still need your guild to help farm for your scarab lord, its daunting and will be annoying alot of the time, but people know what they are getting into, just like with the R14 grind.

Speak for yourself, you can’t talk for “most people”.

The AQ invasion event was one of my most memorable times in Vanilla WoW. it was a lot of fun. Maybe you don’t think so and that’s fine, the entire game is a grind.

That’s not to say that things won’t be different this time around as they for sure will be.

I thought about going for the title as I could mostly no-life like I did with my PVP grind but with my server becoming much more populated by hardcore guilds I’m not going to bother trying.

Blizzard should just change the materials needed for war effort so it wont be done in a day. They’ve already made other changes and changing the materials and the amounts of them would make it more vanilla like.

would laugh if they change the amounts based off server pop…so the mega servers end up having to farm like 6 times the normal…and the dead servers get the normal or less amount