AQ Events = It is not okay to grief your own faction

On our server a certain guild has taken collusion with the opposing faction to a rediculous level. This horde guild is having alliance guard their areas so that other horde can’t farm Silithid. They have gone so far as to have you mind controlled so that they can kill you themselves. This is so beyond unfair and abuse of the TOS that it is unbelievable that blizzard wouldn’t at least say something about it.

6 Likes

Report abuse isn’t pvp.

9 Likes

i should prolly #sarcasm all my posts now

Why do you think they changed how world bosses worked over time and never had any other events like AQ?

They can’t police in game behavior. The only thing they can do is design the game to not encourage people to be jerks.

2 Likes

This would be (was) a completely different game with old school Blizzard around.

1 Like

They can an do police in game behavior. Otherwise, what are the suspensions for?

Yea they would have, they always cared more about the top end raiders than the rest of the playerbase.

You have to prove collusion, and the moment you go outside the game to the real world, your free and clear, sorry social animals are being social, but we aren’t orcs or elves, irl, we are humans and do human things.

Mass reporting players isn’t pvp. And back in vanilla I’m pretty sure cross faction collusion was considered a bannable offense. This isn’t “just pvp on a pvp server”

8 Likes

That is the dumbest excuse for anything. you can literally use that excuse for anything bad. Do better at making a case for degeneracy - this is pretty much awful.

1 Like

When are y’all going to learn that Blizzard likely hates Classic? They didn’t want it. It’s probably a huge slap in the face to them every single day that some people actually prefer this 15 year old game to the “new and improved version” that they have spent many $millions in resources and their blood, sweat, and tears developing.

It’s like if you had to go work every day with your husband’s ex-wife and talk to her and listen to her and look at her. You may keep working there, because you need the money, but you’re certainly not going to like it.

Blizzard’s track record is to do as little as possible when it comes to addressing issues in Classic. It’s a cash grab, nothing more.

6 Likes

This is what happens when a company develops contempt for their player base…
Company- you think you want it but you don’t.
Community proves them wrong, thousands upon thousands of people subscribe. To what they said we don’t want.
Company- Lets show them we meant what we said.

Now we are stuck with this.

5 Likes

I sent a ticket in and GM said it’s PvP on PvP server. Even though I cannot kill my own faction.

I am almost done with blizzard.

Meh almost done no more blizzard or activist on again for me.

3 Likes

yeah same problem when they tried to remove flight after WoD now look at how its handled Blizzard didnt like seeing their arm get twisted and forced to bring it back so they did it in the worst possible manner rather than admit the community was right and the company was wrong for once

6 Likes

Sorry that was too expensive instead you get customer support who have never even played the game.

better luck next time.

O and congrats Activation on your highest earning year ever, well done.

2 Likes

Its sad seeing gaming company’s go this direction. I watched the predecessor to Wow do the same thing. Now 21 years later the peak of the player base for that game in May was 973 players and the Average was 358.1… Blizz keeps this same stuff up and I guess I will have to watch another great MMO die or wither away.

“The past is a tapestry of what lies ahead.”

2 Likes

The GMs are likely some of the same players that are perpetrating this behavior…

2 Likes

Except for pre-mades in AV

In a vast majority of cases the collusion issue is simply a pvp problem with a pvp solution.

In the open world there is absolutely nothing that obligates you to act a certain way towards enemy faction players. If a random horde player wants to help random alliance player A and kill player B then that is up to him. It is up to player B to deal with the problem and player A has no obligation to get involved. In many cases these interactions are actually praised as being an important part of the classic wow experience.

This is ultimately what all the collusion is. The only difference in Silithus is that it is far more organized and planned in advance rather than a spontaneous player interaction.

The problem is that it is nearly impossible in most cases to actually prove that it is premeditated collusion and not just spontaneous decisions made by players due to the fact that communication is essentially all done outside of the game. The best “proof” you can really get is people using cross faction translations which most guilds don’t bother with since discord is easier or emotes which is shaky evidence at best.

Right click report spamming is both scummy and more easily provable though and the ability to get people banned without going through a GM should have never existed.

3 Likes

Too bad you are going back to retail, where u certainly belong.

I actually have screen shots from a shared Discord between an Alliance and Horde guild that prove extensive collusion where they are targeting specific players/guilds with the sole intent to prevent them from completing portions of the quest line.

This is NOT a simple pvp problem.

2 Likes