Apparently Nobody is Behind the Forum Locks; the Forums Just Broke. All Locked Threads are Being Unlocked

Ikr. All of the posts are closed and will be opened in 24 hrs :confused:

I’m sure they’ll reopen all the posts once they fix the bug.

What about the ones that deserve to be closed? :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe they should remove the lock feature just like they do class skills

Then I’ll re-flag those bad boys!

Maybe. I seldom believe a post actually needs to be flagged and closed.

True
Unless it is an obvious post to rile people up

Considering this post has yet to be locked it’s possible they already fixed it.

If so, thanks CS.

Lock them all, then have all forum users unlock them through a series of achievements. Called: BSfinder.

3 Likes

What?

How does a bug like this even happen?

I’m having a hard time believing this, but I don’t know enough about how this forum works to argue. It just doesn’t sound right.

I don’t know anything about computers, but I’ll pretend I do.

My tinfoil theory is that the system had a burp and started logging views as flags.

Someone suggested the forums got tired of our bickering and became sentient to shut us down.

4 Likes

Confirmed by Ythisens that all locked threads are being unlocked.

Continuing the discussion from Why are threads being locked?:

Fair enough, forums. :woman_shrugging:

Is it sad that it didn’t seem far fetched that a person or group of people could have been false flagging all of these threads?

Seems like quite a few of the threads being locked are either quite lengthy already (the High Elf ones as well as LFR being bad for the game), or seem to be random or maybe even contain certain phrases? Hard to say. This is a weird bug.

In this day and age, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that someone would spend inordinate amounts of time to do something stupid on the Internet.

It kind of happens daily.

2 Likes

Length doesn’t matter. I saw threads complaining about the locks being locked before a single post could even be made.

In hindsight, it probably would have been way too fast for a single person to register the necessary number of flags to shut them down. Also, for all we know, Blizzard can probably tell if multiple flags are coming from the same account.

It was like 95% of the front page, but it wasn’t immediate. People would make a thread, then 3-5 responses would get through and it’d get locked shortly after.

I saw no rhyme or reason to it except for it was the 20 or so posts at the top of the front page.

1 Like

#mood 10chars

You and I disagree on many things Crepe but this? You win the internets today!