AP Requirements are ridiculous

A while ago Ion did a QA interview where he agreed getting upgrades feels bad in the current model, especially when you’re further grinding AP to unlock traits that you already previously had. Yet here we are… season 2 is launched and we’re back to the same situation with no improvements.

I play 4 chars at 120 right now. My amulet ranges from 28-32, almost entirely gained from arena farming and a few WQ’s here and there. Yesterday I did the Emissary quest to get a random 385 piece for each of my chars, only to notice that even on my highest char (AP32) I couldn’t even unlock the 3rd ring, let alone the 2nd or 1st (ilvl upgrade one).

This immediately was a feelsbad situation. In order to use any of the pieces I have to give up my dps choice (overwhelming, Gutripper, heed, etc) and any defensive ring just to use 2 traits.

Some of us just want to PvP. We don’t want to farm mythics, world quests, or island expeditions. We want to farm arenas, RGBs, and some casual BG’s. But because those sources give dog poo poo levels of AP we’re always behind the curve. If 2400+ arenas are supposed to mimic mythic raiding, then AP rewards in PvP really need to be worth the immense time investment. Even 70-80% of what you get from other AP sources would be acceptable. The same goes for players who are casual. They should not be punished and unable to use new gear because of amulet restrictions… utterly rediculous.

1 Like

Yes, he admitted the system was bad and promised an overhaul in 8.2. This is not 8.2.

At this point it wouldn’t be hard to look at the average players AP level, and at least reduce the levels needed to get rings 5, 4, 3, and 2 across the board. Perhaps still keep ring 1 for the ilvl boost high as a reward for those who actually farm like crazy.

3 Likes

This system is totally anti fun, everyone who tested in the beta gave extensive feedback everyone wasted time to share their ideas and that this system was totally bankrupt but the ignorance of the developers always speaks loudly in that indie company. i farmed much and I am in the lv 38 of the heart of azeroth and when I looked at the levels to elevate it made me want to cry, I will start to raiding mythic and not to open almost nothing of the armor trait SO FRUSTRATING.

I just wish they decided that the system sucked during PTR (which i hear there was feedback) or early into Uldir. Could have made massive level reductions such as needing maybe just lvl 30 for all traits instead of into 40s.

Along with how difficult it is just to get high ilvl Azerite that is also good at 120, the system is just junk. Just go back to secondaries on gear, and if you want to have a “progression” type system then limit to the singular piece of gear. Farming for AP is one thing, Farming AP as well as praying to RNGesus is another.

This is your problem

1 Like

I need something else to do while they figure out how to fix this crappy game. :wink:

My alts are in a similar position and it sucks but having a whole stable of max alts is a pretty strong advantage and if you haven’t noticed the theme lately is making everyone exactly the same.