AOTC Mounts on the Trading Post?

Anything that is 10+ years old and no longer attainable should go to the trading post or have some new way of getting it.

Things like CM skins are note rare or were not hard to get. Some people just didn’t play then.

Maybe it’s cuz I have most of them though that I don’t see them as being special?

3 Likes

To the argument of this mount coming back devalues the achievement of being there at the time, what about all the aotcs that didn’t have mounts attached? In the miniscule chance it is as pictured and an aotc mount comes out for 8k give or take tendies wouldn’t that make that old aotc suddenly one of the highest value achievement in the game in terms of an actual in game currency? 1000 tendies is already a lot and its currently set for half a year plus tender income! Especially if the doom takes of being able to upfront buy tendies goes through at which point said achievement suddenly has financial value instead of subjective.

A world where this ends up on the trading post on datamine value is ironically the world where that mount has the most value it will ever have. Especially since its a forgotten ground only participation reward for playing the last year of pandaria.

If they put the phoenix mounts from the MoP challenge modes on the TP, I’m so going broke. Those are the only mounts I regret not getting when they were current.

It’s doing things like this that makes every other MMO out their make fun of wow now.

We are the laughing stock of MMO’s we used to be the king now we are just splashing along our tarnished crown and rotting robes just splashing trying to remember the good old days.

These types of rewards should NEVER be added to the trading post these are rewards that people that played during those events and content have earned and should be able to hold their heads high saying i was there and i got them the moment you do something like allow these to just be bought for crap currancy then they lose all meaning and just become another thing in a collection.

I know alot of people are just going YES DO IT YES because they havn’t got it or done these events which i will say is sad that you either didn’t get it at the time or didn’t play at the time but still you should be happy that soon a event will come and you can earn a item that should have meaning for you just like this one has meaning to some players.

The trading post was ment to be a fun little thing where the blizz artist’s could make some cool stuff and just throw them in each month for fun and we could buy the ones that we thought were cool and then blizz can make more sets around what we buy but this is just a bad idea, if they do this they just tell us basicly don’t bother putting any effort into their events because all the rewards will just come to the trading post so why bother.

Like i said doing stuff like this is one of the things the other MMO’s just scoff at because they know that these timed events have meaning and are a way of showing that they care about their players and giving them rewards for being there at the time.

3 Likes

I just love how because casuals and lfr heroes don’t care, that means we all shouldn’t care.

Snarky apathetic noobs opinions hold more weight than everyone else that cares and puts the effort in according to some.

It’s actually such a disgrace. Like go play FFXIV if you want everything ever for no reward. Let us keep working towards challenges that are rewarding.

3 Likes

Interesting comment from the Council, because as you can check several TCG mounts have been implemented via Twitch Drops, however; Devs have some mismatch philosophies about cosmetics.

TCG Mounts

• Wouldn’t say all of the TCG Mounts will show up back from drops. These were always promotional items. This is old promotion stuff becoming available to players who weren’t around back then or who didn’t have TCG available in their regions which wasn’t fair. It didn’t feel right that the only way to get these collectables previously was to go to a 3rd party side and buy them for a lot of money. There are a couple that they are going to take extreme care with, Swift Spectral Tiger is one of them. He wouldn’t expect that one to drop randomly through some promotion. Ion would be surprised to see that coming back in any form, but if they did, they would think very very very very carefully about it as they know what players have put into getting them and how treasured they are and taking that away overnight would be wrong.

That’s basically Ion acknowdleging the outside market and providing a higher value to a specific model over others like the Fel Drake that was already implemented via these promotions.

Are they going to implement some AOTC but not others? Because the game was different on X expansion compared to another…that kind of arbitrary decision

As I said, every single thing you tout for clout is sold for gold in trade. None of it means anything anymore. Calling people noobs and soft then sending them to another game is exactly what is hurting WoW. Your comments did nothing to address the core of the issue, that Blizz will not police nor maintain their exclusive items.

But sure, go off with insults instead of addressing the problem. I’m sure it’ll work out when the next round of layoffs come, proving that the cash-shop is Blizz’s only motivation to keep this game alive while the Token still sells gangbusters to pay for carries.

3 Likes

They promised they wouldn’t, and here it is.

Bummer.

1 Like

Zero AotCs lol

I’m shocked

4 Likes

Eh not everyone who is for bringing back the rewards hasn’t ever gotten aotc. Don’t give people the achieve and it’s fine. I don’t look at people with mounts or mogs and think ‘wow they are good’ I just think that I wish life wasn’t busy and I could have played back then, or wish I could just buy the elite sets.

Keep titles and achieves to those who earned it first so people can flex if they really want.

Did my time in BC and WOTLK. Your fake internet achievements mean nothing to me.

Got anything else to preen about or just here to gatekeep and be salty?

2 Likes

Muh gatekeeping

Nice buzzword. Makes up for your lack of content completion.

5 Likes

It’s alright to admit you don’t go outside. You’re the one defending AOTC after all.

Either way, you again are whining points that mean nothing to the current market and Blizz happily will steamroll you. The core of this issue is money is being made of the FOMO of ATOC and nothing more. If Blizz can, they will happily package and sell it in the form of a token.

1 Like

Lol “anyone better than me doesn’t go outside”

How have you played this game for this long and still accomplished so little? It’s impressive.

I like how you are trying to allude here that AotC is a bad negative thing just because you can’t manage to obtain it.

Shout out to all the homies earning their AotC. Mad respect for CE/Glad players too.

They deserve those exclusive rewards even if I’m unable to get them myself.
Instead of thinking so selfishly it makes me want to get better so I have a chance at them at some point. It’s dope.

5 Likes

Never said you were better, said I don’t care. Everyone buys your little trinkets, they mean nothing. You’re the one equating skill to lack of touching grass.

WoW has moved beyond your dated outlook and it shows. Yet you’ll whine till the day the servers shutdown and complain people are bad and should go play FFXIV while licking Blizz’s boots. Enjoy the taste of dirt, friend.

1 Like

Mad cause bad

3 Likes

Again, you apparently did not read my post. I never said it was for me. If you actually read and understood what I wrote, you would see how nonsensical your responses have been. But apparently, you’re too wrapped up in whatever grievance you imagine you have to pay the slightest attention to what I actually wrote.

You’re right that a recolor provides a new thing for previous owners, but we still have the issue of the previous color not being available for new players, that’s a reason why collectors don’t have frequent new mount achivements for example, because Devs already mentioned that they usually wait years before adding new achievements due to the amount of removed items that are not availble to players, if we got most of the items available again, then the goal could be updated more frequently, also players will have the color that they want which is really important for a player fantasy.

2 Likes

10000000% this.

I’ve always been annoyed how PVP exclusivity is treated. Bring back all the elite sets and put them on a token vendor or something for PVP content in similarity to the saddles. Bring back all the enchants, bring back the mounts. Let the titles be exclusive if they need a little something, but that’s it really. I’m sure this would also revitalize the PVP scene because players would have much more to pursue in terms of past cosmetics instead of the base stuff you can get just from random BG’s. So it’s a win for even PVP’ers.

AOTC mounts
Glad mounts
Legion Mage Tower Skins

All on the Traders Post
Thats where this is headed

2 Likes