AOTC Mounts on the Trading Post?

Many people paid gold to get carried lol.

I played in the NFL during the 2024 season so you need to give me my 2014 superbowl ring, ten years is enough.

2 Likes

Playing in the NFL is an actually meaningful, real-life accomplishment that takes a lot more training, work, and talent than smashing a keyboard for three hours until the pretty picture in the monitor falls over.

Pretty sure that’s what’s lovingly called a false equivalency.

3 Likes

Not a fan of AotC achievement rewards being on the trading post. What’s next, the challenge mode mounts on the trading post?

Things that were locked behind skill-based accomplishments should stay that way.

5 Likes

AOTC isn’t skillbased when you can just pay for a carry for it. Sorry, not sorry.

1 Like
5 Likes

Doesn’t matter how easy you think it is-- vs how hard the next person might think it is-- its the principle that it requires some level of ability to acquire (even if its someone else’s skill carrying you).

2 Likes

It really doesn’t. If you’re carried, chances are you are just there as a warm body. No skill goes into a paid AOTC and no skill goes into a paid glad mount either. Sorry, not sorry.

4 Likes

I’m not sure which part of that statement is sillier-- the fact that you ignore the carrier requires additional skill to carry an extra person (whom you imply is dead weight), or your belief that the whole achievement is devalued by the fact that some might pay others to accomplish a feat which most players still view as a milestone.

In ether case, and I don’t say this often on the forums, you are very wrong.

1 Like

Holy posts batman… got like 300+ posts in here now.

Leave it to the vulper to miss the point entirely

…. What’s my character’s picture got to do with you making logical fallacies?

I’m really not wrong though. The whole of it IS devalued by people paying for carries lol. That’s exactly how it is. You want to be blind about that simple fact, that’s a you problem, not a me problem. The carriers are people who have it down on repetition, and for them the chances of it being ‘difficult’ is slim to none. So again, there is no skill in it. There is repetitious running for their job that has been contracted out by the carry.

In summation, there is no value in an AOTC mount, and whether Blizz puts it up on a store of any kind, be it cash shop, Trading Post, or as a free gift to everyone, that is their prerogative. And again, I frankly hope they put it on the TP for free just to watch people like you who want to try and rationalize why pixels are important, I want to watch them lose their minds over it.

To give you a simple answer, I care not for your opinion, nor do I care about a mount that doesn’t require anything but a wallet to get.

1 Like

Damn thats too true. Tired of all these world of peacecraft fans

I’m gonna quote Abridged Piccolo here.

“Yeah, not much of a milestone anymore.”

Yes some people get it by skill, Some get it by paying for it. Can you point out in a crowd which is which? Can you prove which is which?

They probably think you’re a furry or something.

Who knows. I just got here so I have no idea what’s going on.

2 Likes

Cry a river, tbh.
Nothing shold be unobtainable.

2 Likes

Eh it’s just another 15-post troll. I should’ve seen that earlier :dracthyr_crylaugh:

edit I just realized he replied to applaud his own post too! Forget to swap to an alt there, my guy? LOL

2 Likes

See you know hes right because he has more likes than the people who are excited for it

Holy hell. Are they seriously doing this?

Because at that point, they’re literally selling any and everything in the entire game for money.

I missed out on most of the AOTC mounts, but it was known what they were, how to get them, and that when they were gone, they would be gone forever.

Really, what value does anything have in this game now? This is just absolutely ridiculous. A total betrayal of why most people invest time into MMO’s. It’s just a big middle-finger to the people who have played WoW over the years.

6 Likes