AoE Cap - Why?

Except not really. Cause not all AoE got nerfed.

Just the ones that used to be cleaves, but got turned into AoE. And the thing is, the reason that was done originally was so that every class had an AoE.

So the sort of players that run M+ at high enough level for this to affect won’t stop doing it, they’ll just bring a class with good AoE.

Those pugs would have an even worse time trying to chain 2-3 of those same packs together.

People on these forums act like pulling multiple packs is as simple as grabbing them and burning them down as if there isn’t a bunch of intricate interrupt orders and kill targets that you have to coordinate and execute on to make work.

I for one really enjoy very difficult pulls but in wow it just doesn’t work unless you have a somewhat competent group. It’s a very odd mentality in this game.

Aoe cap has severely improved the game, m+ feels so much better rn compared to the degenerate gameplay of melee mass pulling>mass cc>delete with herp derp brainless aoe

Finally casters coming back to relevance

don’t you just buy a weekly carry and log off? how would you know

lol that is indeed true or people either not reading chat or not knowing the language and you asking them to poly something for 3 minutes and they just stand there :unamused:

It was brought in to not only fix a issue which the game has had for ages but also to help streamline design as well as balance.

For ages some classes are just seen as undesireable for some content because they arn’t good at AoE so they have lower DPS numbers because they can’t just hit everything which makes clears slower.

M+ is a big contributer to why it goes removed some classes were just seen as bad and never invited to keys and which classes were those the ones with crap AoE.

PvP was another it just because a AoE fest in battlegrounds with everyone just spaming AoE effects to kill each other and again some classes got excluded from ranked battlegrounds after a point since it was just better to take another AoE class.

Also don’t go giving me that after 15 years crap their was caps at the start of the game for AoE as well they have just put it back to the way it was.

Edit: also now they can design dungions and raids to have more challenging mobs rather then just AoE trashpacks like we have had for the last few xpaxs.

The version of the story I heard was the meta for mythic dungeons had become who could AoE best. Hence the nerf.

Now I don’t do mythic dungeons anymore but it would seem to me a better solution to that would be to change a bit of how mythic dungeons work. Like the timing thing.

That’s just my opinion as a casual player, though.

1 Like

laughing my behind off :laughing:

Why? Why??!?!?

Simple.

Because blizzard hates fun and anyone playing the game outside of their stupid vision.

1 Like

You’re a mage, one of the very few classes with little to almost no caps on their AoEs.

It was mostly melee classes that got their AoE’s nerfed.

I would really like it if M+ was like the old Pandaria Challenge Mode; players were all the same ilvl and you had to bring your A-game and buffs to succeed. Higher keys would thus prove far more difficult, so the rewards could also be better for high keys. Scaling is a good thing, it’s needed in BGs also, so everyone can get in on the fun without having to grind out gear, it’s more reliant on skill.

Ion and his played time metrics I suspect. Inch by inch they gotta slow player progression down. Feels like they have been experimenting on just how far they can push players to stretch out how long they keep them playing for as little content as possible.

1 Like

The rise of the AOE tanking was a such a different playstyle that led to where we are now. Prior to that I remember marking all the mobs in the pull and using CC… incredibly painful. Much better to spot use CC as we do now.