AOE CAP is Gamebreaking

:clown_face:
lmao that would explain everything

how? because it takes 5 seconds longer to kill stuff? clearly such a huge nerf… big bad Blizard doesn’t want me to farm my invincible to ride on grizzly hills :sob:

1 Like

That is your opinion.

My opinion is that is part of my class fantasy because I have outleveled the dungeon. That is the core part of MMORPG progression and having levels. :+1:

Back to this eh?

True esport balancing is hard and undermine the rest of the game design. :slightly_frowning_face:

You’ll still one shot everything, it’ll only take you 5 more seconds at most :slight_smile:
So, no RPG element lost there

RPG elements is just another way of saying the mechanics have consistency with the lore of the world for the sake of immersion.

For example, there isn’t much of a reason that a mage conjuring a blizzard wouldn’t hit everything in the area.

An AoE cap is goes against RPG elements for most abilities.

Which makes it all rather ironic that Ion was going on about RPG elements to try to sell us covenants while at the same time Shadowlands is doing a bunch of stuff that goes against RPG elements.

If I one shot something that means it takes one second not five.

I know I can do math. :+1: :100:

Could you imagine if Shadowmeld was effected by the aoe cap? You can only hide from 5 enemies, anymore than that will continue attacking you and breaking stealth. It is so dumb that I actually would love it if Blizzard implemented it.

That seems a continuing trend that has carried over from BFA heading into the new expansion.

Not sure what they are thinking at this point. :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

All they need to do is call it “Shadowcleave.” That makes it fun again!

2 Likes

I hadn’t considered that but at this point it may as well be true. I am not ready to state that or feel that way but I am leaning that way. This is because the old devs would provide a more elegant approach. The current AoE cap proposed is a massive, massive nerf that will impact all aspects of WoW.
:slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve noticed that you have many great ideas, and you disagree with everything Blizzard does. Not to mention all the market research you’ve done on Reddit. Have you ever thought about designing your own game? You could be a billionaire! :muscle::smiling_imp:

1 Like

If some classes have to use a different ability to one shot a room full of level 25 mobs, that’s a good price to pay for being able to pug keys on my warlock in Shadowlands.

I am busy making hexweave bags in my garrison.

But when I take a break I come to the forums to provide deep insights into the current devs approach of stripping MMORPG principles from WoW.

An AoE cap effectively breaks class fantasy for many, many people and is very anti immersive and anti fun. :+1:

My character already has caps. Thanks for your concern these past 2 years.

1 Like

Got nearly the whole card on that one.

It also effects synergy and positions players to be affected by the bottom line. It could have been solution oriented, but alas, looks like it’s a pragmatic path.

1 Like

Well you could be a crab in a bucket about it, or ask for Shaman to have better uncapped AoE.

1 Like

Enemies being able to dodge your atacks isn’t against RPG elements

as soon as you hit them, they die, that’s your point

Adressing his point of this being a massive massive nerf :clown_face:

Yeah that type of language was used to try to remove flying from WoW.

Not good.

In fact the more I think about it the AoE cap is effectively trying to make game design even more simpler for the devs. But in turn it all becomes more punitive for the players instead. Just something to ponder.

:thinking:

1 Like

Are you completely mind warped? how is that you disrespect your own time like that, we’re talking ultra trash mobs, Anh qiraj 1 tick of spinning crane kick trash, and for it to last “5 seconds more” do you know what that means? do you have a brain to even imagine how much those “5-10-15-60 seconds” DO add up?

And for everyone that tries to place a difference between aoe and “cleave” it literally means just AREA ON EFFECT, WHY MAGE’S BLIZZARD IS BECOMING “CLEAVE” THEN? IF ITS AREA?