AoE cap is anti-fun for no reason

Yup… It’s like watching a professional piano player demonstrate their considerable skill and concluding that playing the piano is clearly a mindless activity… All you have to do is slam the keys repeatedly…

2 Likes

What the hell are you on about? So after 16 years, Blizzards decides to change how AOE works, and you call that “Fun Detected, lets nerf it”?

Some of you need to go outside and Brush the green moldy dust off yourselves.

They screwed up.

Lets see how long they take to admit it.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Because you asked: wHy aRe YoU pUlLinG lOw LevEl mObS?
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yes, so again. You’re the one who brought up outdated content.

stop lying.

Hahahahaha you are not so bright, are you? You don’t even know what the train of argument was.
I’ll give you a hand, I was initially answering to this:

I’ll let you do the rest. I believe in you :wink:

and nowhere in that did I mention outdated content.

hmmmmmmmmm. Not too bright, are you?

ALSO. It says islands RIGHT IN THERE, Mr. "

Yet if you’re replying to a comment that mentions islands, guess what? THEY’RE STILL A PART OF THE DISCUSSION.

dunked on.

Well, your character is not a god who can kill countless enemies at once: you are just a regular human with a beard, a sword and a funny hat.

Stop whining and crying like a puny human male paladin, you are a Warrior for god sake…

It should be disabled in legacy content. I am indifferent to the change for current content however.

Yep. Basically, you’re fighting invincible monsters. This just doesn’t seem fun to me on any level. It’s like that Path of Exile league where there was a totem that made the monsters invincible lol.
What’s wrong with pulling the whole room, obviously you would need to be pretty fast, tanky, I couldn’t really do it on any of my chars, but if you could do it on lower level content or something, I think you earned that aspect of fun. I mean this is how you literally farm items/loot/etc., by killing things in this game, that’s the whole core element

There are parts of the game where massive aoe is needed. Running legacy dungeons/raids for example, islands for another example.

1 Like

Good ol Shadow Labs…I really miss those original heroics.

To be honest, press button kill everything isn’t all that engaging.

What do you want, the game to be one big no skill Skinner box?

AoE nerf may or may not be a good change, not going to argue that point. But I do think Blizz needs to stop stuffing dungeons and raids with — literally — hundreds of trash mobs that have to be mowed down at multiple points just to move on. If we can only target on average 6 at a time, then the trash groups need to be lots smaller. To do otherwise is just blatant progress slowing for no reason except possibly to pad MAU metrics.

Ohh, I had great expectations for you :cry:

how cute, the troll isn’t even pretending to have an argument anymore.

I’m sorry my friend you are simply incorrect as regards the game as a whole.

I would not think to tell you that having your individual AOE have not caps was not fun. No AOE caps of any kind inevitably leads to every form of content distilling down to “okay so we gather them all up and then trigger everything at once while ignoring the invironment”. So we end up doing THE EXACT SAME THING in a new place and for the player base as a whole this leads to boredom.

Many will disagree and that is their right. This is of course based on my own experiences in games and will vary from others. My sympathies for you having to actually use some tactics and prioritization in your gameplay.

its prob just another thing they can use to tune stuff

Thing is, if it aint broken, you can be sure Blizz will fix it until it is. They don’t need any logical reason to, they just do random nerfs to fun for the lulz.

2 Likes

It’s really not good for massive aoe pulls to be the best tactic in so many situations.

I get that seeing the big numbers on your meter can be exciting and fun at times, but you will still be able to hit big numbers, relatively speaking.

However, the difference is that it won’t be as easy or efficient to focus on massive group pulls. It will make sense to use a different approach at times, instead of the same thing over and over.