AoE cap is anti-fun for no reason

Fun detected, initiate pointless change that ruins the enjoyment of the game.

Blizzard Balance Robot on duty.

94 Likes

Well they have a reason

I say they should keep changes like this in M+ or Raids though.

15 Likes

If you think mindlessly pulling whole rooms/islands/whatever and just AOEing them down is fun…I don’t know what to say to you.

33 Likes

So now you just pull the whole room/island/whatever and just aoe it down SLOWER? Nice fix

48 Likes

Complete nonsense.
Why is Blizzard choosing the way I should play the game for me? I’ve never seen anyone ever complain about this, not on forums, not ingame, not WoW reddit, nowhere.

16 Likes

Or don’t, because the AOE cap means things aren’t dying as fast which’ll put unnecessary strain on the tank/healer. put some actual thought into pulls so you can minimize risk and time to down mobs.

they have done that since day 1. it’s called game design.

19 Likes

It was dumb, lets be real here. The game needed a cap, we all knew it when players just pulled whole islands, or when they did it with visions. Lets face it. A cap is good balance. Even if it is anti fun.

8 Likes

Things will still die faster if you pull more regardless since some abilities are still uncapped and some have 8 targets, some 5. So still no reason to pull less unless you want to be slow intentionally

3 Likes

If all goes well it should favor chain pulling > overpulling

Honestly I’m ok with that if thats the case.

6 Likes

That’s being overly broad and a petty attempt to try to shoot down my argument.
Having Blizzard design the spells and abilities is what I’d come to expect, but having them choose my strategy, rotation, and altering it in unfavorable ways because I’m not doing it in the way they want me to, they “fix” it by literally making it worse.

2 Likes

Not my fault you made a bad argument.

5 Likes

The faster you kill, the more content you can do :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Okay. By that logic every boss should have 1hp.

More content with faster kills, right?

1 Like

I think it’s a great change for balancing issues.

You’ll never have full balance but this change definitely helps

If we’re talking about scenarios & intermediary content, then no since raiding/dungeons/pvp are typically end-game.
Islands were brought up so that was the topic of my response.

Don’t bother, he’s just going to make a snarky reply every time you disagree with him.

1 Like

Islands are an example because it seems to be what everyone is complaining about. But they were mentioned, by me, in the same breath as room pulls.

I can do that do since you all don’t bother to even listen when someone has a different opinion you do.

Tsk, TSK I SAYETH!

Except there are reasons, you not liking those reasons doesn’t stop them from existing.

It’ll be fine once people get past change is scary and adapt.

2 Likes

I hate using buzz-words, but man, a lot of people on these forums in general have such a sense of entitlement.

4 Likes