Anyone miss ranged survival?

Honestly not just hunters but most (more that 5 I used to know and play with in RL) of the people I know that used to play the main #1 reason they un-subbed was Blizzard changing their classes to much, might be a stretch to say just hunters but as far as sub’s loss, just from my personal experience class changes might be up there for the #1 reason of sub losses. *friend that got me playing MMO’s in the first place played a priest and he flat out said he got sick of just about having to relearn his class after every expansion, Blizzard needs to stick with a good story\environment and quests\raids\dungeons and leave the classes alone (kinda defeats the RPG of the game if your character no longer resembles one you starting playing. ) *me personally the switch from RSV to MSV was the reason I un-subbed and the announcement of Classic LK the only reason I just re-subbed).

4 Likes

I could totally believe that over all class changes are high up on the list for sub loss. Maybe still not #1 but top 5 for sure. My personal pure anecdotal experience says that Blizzard’s business practices and horrible storyline have lead to more sub losses than class changes. But I tend to hang out around more casuals and roleplayers.

Billions quit the game over the legion changes…

take a shot every time you say this. You wont make the night I tell ya

me personally the switch from RSV to MSV was the reason I un-subbed and the announcement of Classic LK the only reason I just re-subbed).
me personally the switch from RSV to MSV was the reason I un-subbed and the announcement of Classic LK the only reason I just re-subbed).

knock yourself out…

I can hold mine can you? *or you can’t buy it yet and just jealous?

wooooow billions you don’t say little timmy… Pat’s on the head now go run along and let the adults talk…

1 Like

I still dream of them bringing my main spec back. I hate MSV because it replaced something I loved and spent hundreds of hours mastering in arenas.

I sometimes wonder if people who make up statistics realize just how foolish they look when doing so.

Should of made beast mastery the melee class would’ve made more since fighting along side your pet. Survival sounds like a max range stay away class name. Surv at all cost. Believe blizzard also said they don’t want to make a Evoker tank because there are already to many melee.

I didn’t play Surv that much in Wrath, I went BM.

So no, someone like me doesn’t miss it and enjoys it much more now because I can choose between Range or Melee specs.

“Horaay I can now choose to be handicapped”

2 Likes

Yeah. I thought that survival should have just included some more utility for brief moments when in melee range but with more tools to get back to range. Marksmanship = All out shooting; BM = all about the pets; Survial = utility and craftiness.

no no no no,i dont

Nah, dots are boring.

I mean survival is almost ranged… only reason its not considered full ranged is cause it doesn’t have a ranged focus spender.

If they made arcane shot castable with 2h weapon and maybe is helped recharge Kill command the class could ranged or melee based on circumstances though melee would be the higher dps rotation.

We dont need old ranged survival back but new ranged survival with melee id be ok with that.

protection paladin is 1000 times more ranged than the current meme survival hunter

“If my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike”

That “only reason” is a dealbreaker. Most of us who played ranged Survival don’t want an awkward forced compromise between ranged and melee. We want a full-fledged ranged spec like BM and MM. That’s a critical part of being a Hunter to us. This is not the way to go about making a melee Hunter. It’s a niche idea that very few people entertain so it shouldn’t get such a favourable compromise. Make it an option within BM, not the default state of SV.

2 Likes

Its more of a shift in design towards an awkward playstyle because of Hunters Weak defensives and heals in pvp. People actually range with SV they use serpent sting and kc and bombs and there resets to do damage from afar and we know serpent sting ideally isn’t meant to be shot at same target over an over doing barley over 1.2k damage per click resetting its poison dot over and over but they shoot it because arcane shot requires a ranged weapon but serpent sting doesn’t . But this playstyle is reserved against melee dps. against range Survival zips in like any melee class and does alot burst damage.

I mean to me Black arrow is just a weaker poison sting and at one point it created taunt minions. Id rather have arcane shot be buffed and altered with tallents to give new gameplay. Like maybe an arcane flux that had a chance to recharge your pet giving you a free proc/recharge of KC or a talent that buffed arcane shot but the extra damage is a dot over 8 sec and it can stack up to 3 times Or an arcane sap where portion of damage is sent back to caster as healing.

if i had to have an arrow that gave me a dot and a taunt is want a barbed bait arrow and a giant rat attacks for the cheese.

For me personally, Hunter has been really boring since Legion. I always felt like the devs don’t know what to do with any of the specs. Most of the abilities has next to little no animation, no combat/visual feedback when using them. Compare Aimed Shot with Chaos Bolt as an example :sob:

2 Likes

I miss wod survival so bad. I would immediately main survival hunter if they changed it back to ranged.

3 Likes

I miss the Glave Toss from MOP. Survival was a blast to play in MOP.

4 Likes