Anyone have any war stories?

Anyone have any recent war stories…I got beat up by a unholy dk at darkshire threw everything at him and still lost. And lost a duel to a maladath shortly after.

That’s ok…with any luck rng will give me a 450 piece with indomitable, and bulwark of light. Only then will I be uber powerful…

4 Likes

I have one, quite funny actually and took place in Darkshire as well.

So, I do WPvP with two buddies of mine who are Alliance. Both of them are Blood DKs, but they burst really hard with Cyclo + Vamp Blood + Anima Major Power. I play Horde, on this priest obviously, and what we do is quite funny.

I mind control Alliance and the two death knights will either burst them during the Mind Control, or each of them will death grip the person twice in the air so that they will die to fall damage. One of them will throw in a Strangulate if it’s a mage or priest, which will prevent them from slowfalling or levitating.

Several Alliance were getting upset with me and my two DK friends so they got a group together to hunt me down. They got a total of 8 people to kill me at the clock tower in Darkshire. Id push a few of them off, and would have my DK friends death grip me from tree to tree on the top of a small branch, to get me away from Alliance trying to kill me, giving me time to heal or to even get away. Any Alliance who came near me would get knocked or Mind Controlled, and they would proceed to burst the person.

The fighting lasted awhile and if it got too dangerous, my two friends would grip me into the air where I could safely glider and broom to get away. Very fun, this happened just yesterday too.

6 Likes

I gasped at “my two friends are alliance”

That is too funny…I need that kind of help/shenanigans when alliance come out to darkshire.

Never actually done it, but you can hit a friendly that is mind controlled?

Yes. So, if a Horde MCs an Alliance, the Alliance member technically becomes Horde for the duration they are in the MC, thus allowing other Alliance to attack them.

3 Likes

In mechagon there are towers where the guards can’t really reach you, so my friend who wanted to do CTA got on his fire mage and he’d sit on one of the towers adjacent to the dungeon entrance and he’d start casting gpy on afk Horde players or Horde players who got too close or were trying to summon.

Even if the guards aggro’d, jumping off with two blinks into the dungeon would be enough, otherwise I’d drop a BoP and run into the dungeon with them.

It was hilarious seeing them just trying to scramble away to the dungeon entrance or outside of the town to avoid dying, but everytime they’d run the gpy which was mid-animation of hitting them, would eventually reach them and land a killing blow regardless.

The second time we did this I brought my level 115 fire mage, and we set up firing positions on two towers and we’d call who were gonna’ kill on discord and chain gpys together. It literally didn’t matter what level I was, gpy is such a hilarious meme. The Horde players in the town started to get mad af, and there was some monk trying to be cheeky and tried to Ring of Peace us off the towers.

What he didn’t realize is that if you slow walk and get behind a certain position you can’t be knocked off so I only got knocked off a couple times but we blasted way more horde lmao. Eventually the monk started to get really mad at a 115 mage and just gave up and began killing me.

1 Like

Isn’t the damage threshold on mc quite low?

Nice! I’m sure you made some people rage.

It has no damage threshold.

1 Like

I was on my 55 ret in SS vs TM the other day. Tried hitting ppl but they would die before my autoattack would connect, so… :rofl:
Oh , in BFA the oceanic horde made an appearance and actually took the nazjatar supply drop. I was so happy for them…
My dwarfadin did get pwned but thats ok. Horde needs some supplies in our region :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice, I can’t come to grip the classic paladin playstyle. Maybe cause I’m low level. I know one thing for sure though the pally tank in classic was absolute trash in both pve and pvp. So I’ll stay in retail and keep up the good fight.

1 Like
  • used portal to nazjatar at 3am
  • 100+ alliance were there camping the town.
  • dead.
3 Likes

What you didn’t turtle shell, hit sprint glider right off the cliff? Well sometimes you zone and and you are dead…lmao

Yeah the classic pvp feel of combat doesnt appeal. I really only leveled to do end game pvp but im at 55 and im not finding it fun … like at all. Doubt it will change at 60 so mich if at all. The autoattack based combat just… blows. I cant put it any other way. Maybe other classes are better but classic ret is very unattractive to me and also when compared to the modern game one.

3 Likes

Should have leveled a mage in Classic or a shadow priest .

No can do casters or healers. Rather not play :rofl:

2 Likes

Then a rogue or warrior !!

1 Like

Rogues are scum :rofl: i do have a tauren warrior that will be leveled next… but very slowly :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I haven’t touched classic in weeks. Having fun with retail wPVPing in Darkshire

3 Likes

You guys should hit me up next time you go. I shelved all of my alts when Essences were introduced, but recently started goofing off on my Shammy recently.

1 Like

You like 5 versus 20 ?

Then it’s just the thing for you . :joy:

Enh Shammy is probably not a good class at those odds … have a horde Pally ?

4 Likes