Anyone else hate the Glimmer build?

yeah, glimmer is trash gimmick that undercuts the entire core of hpally, literally making you a 1-spell class, which isn’t even holy light. Hpally being objectively crap with it’s baseline toolkit and healing tuning compared to other healers is what brought us here though, glimmer wasn’t probably intended to be an entire build.

1 Like

I know this is an old post, but I just came back recently. I’ve healed as pally since vanilla, hence why I have the xmog for my shoulders. And I love the ideas behind the changes to holy, holy should had always been a frontline healer not some priest. If you like the back line healing there are, literally all the other healing class to play.

Holy still needs to get fix, glimmer should be a baseline ability and holy should have the ability to use their other abilities to make holy light into an instant cast ability like how ret has with flash. This will make it so holy don’t just rely solely on hs.

As for survivability on the frontline since it requires holy pally to do all melee mechanics while healing, holy should have a stagger ability so they don’t take 100% of dmg when standing in the front, something like reducing 10% dmg and receiving it overtime for x sec when in 20yd range of teammate and increase by an additional 10% for every additional teammate in the paladin’s aura/20yrd(for pvp) up to 50%.

Also holy should just do heal equal to x% of their potential auto attack(what the auto attack is supposed to do, not what is don’t after msg reduction) for every1 within the range of their auras and increase by 200-300% when aura mastery is active. This can act as their aoe heal but weak enough that it’s not too OP, and increase in effectiveness when aura mastery is active.

2 Likes

I like your style, Toushin.

But let us not all forget, that Azerite traits will be gone next expac. All this Heart of Azeroth nonsense and traits will be utterly wiped out.

Should a couple of traits become baseline? Maybe, but I’d rather hear about class reworks and redesigns(or you know, rollbacks, whatev). Glimmer ‘build’ is consigned to the dustbin of history as soon as we get what we actually need and I am not sad to see it go.

I see lots of people clinging to such things purely because they have so little else to hold on to in this expansion. Warrior Priest of Sigmar lets go!

2 Likes

Ive grown to like the glimmer build because its op. Once you figure out how to ramp with it and you completrly take over the healing meters its fun. My issue with it is this…

Its an azerite trait. Why is an azerite trait so powerful. You have classes like resto druid that could give a crap about their azerite traits…then you got holy pally that deletes a anything thst doesnt have glimmer on it.

Healing has just morphed into a different version of dps. Its not about keeping ppl alive its about burst outhealing your teammates. At the mythic level you dont overlap those cooldowns but still. Its a race.

1 Like

i would just like to see crusader’s might get triggered by judgements as well to affect the cd of holy shock… call it somehitng like paladin’s might where either a range or melee trigger the buff…

I think Crusader’s Might lowering the CD on Judgement would make Crusader’s Might viable for the traditional build as well as bringing the traditional build closer in competition to the glimmer build.

1 Like

Healing while doing damage by slacking things with a big hammer fits the paladin fantasy better than any other healer, even disc and monk. It’s what a paldin should be instead of a holy priest in a plate dress.

I feel glimmer is too “gimicky” to my taste… Its not so bad but I’m not the biggest fan…

I REALLY enjoy the melee hpal though, if they keep this for SL, I might return to maining this guy whos been mostly on the shelve since WOTLK! PvP is such a blast with this spec, I’ve been derping with this guy a lot and enjoying it beyond what I thought possible for a pally (Never thought I’d enjoy hpal after I rerolled in TBC to play pally) I understand it feeling bad for long time pallies, so I’ll wish you guys to get back your range healer, but if its for me, I’ll keep the melee feel as I LOVE it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My feelings on glimmer vary so much my head hurts sometimes lol.

There are days where glimmer is the best thing to happen to hpally’s

And then there are days where I just want to stand in the back minding my business while throwing out massive Crit heals.

1 Like

I prefer the Glimmer build for Mythic Plus. The standard build feels too slow and deliberate for my liking. If BoV is on CD and you need to heal the group, you are screwed. I can pump out so much more healing with Glimmer and DP on affixes like bursting and quaking.