Anyone else feel like they're getting taken for a ride?

I missed a few expansions back there. And from everything I’ve heard and read, there were things you could have picked up then which you can’t now. That’s fine, I don’t mind that. But sticking it out through BFA and Shadowlands hasn’t produced anything.

Where’s the MoP cloak and Legion transmogs for sticking things out through this expansion? Or BFA?

Anyone else feel like they’re getting punked?

3 Likes

For real, Shadowlands feels like “half” an expansion… it’s hard to explain the feeling - just feels incomplete, feels like it’s getting the WoD treatment (abandoned).

By this same exact timeframe in the last 2 expacs, we were already well into X.3 or X.3.5 patch and eagerly looking forward to the next expansion… which had also already been announced by now.

But here we are, we’re just “barely” at the X.2 patch, and not a single word, not a single peep on the next expansion… :eyes:

7 Likes

When did they promise that you’d be able to get that stuff just for sticking it out now?

They didn’t.

SL is more than worth the $60

The monthly play time is up to the individual and what they put into it, but it’s still worth it for me personally

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t mean the money, I just mean that they sent a message about “those who stick around get perks.” and now that I’m sticking around - no perks!

1 Like

You forgot about the Phoenix mounts from WoD. You still have those AoTC mounts that you can get. But, nah I don’t feel like I am being taken for a ride. People heavily complain about Blizzard removing things so I can see them stopping that practice. Then again I would not be shocked to see them remove things from Torghast. They don’t normally release when they are removing things until the last patch of the game so there is time.

People raged about how terrible Shadowlands was now they are mad they aren’t getting the full experience of the expansion.

Makes sense.

I also think it’s fine, it’s still one of the best money for time investments you can get given the amount of things you can still do from older expansions. Yeh like OP said there are a few things missing, some mogs, mounts, probably pets and achievements and I can say personally some things are easier to get live than not.

But there is still a ton of things to do, even if you just focus on SL and as much as I would them rather change this part of the game, you have 12 classes to play around with, go run a couple of alts, you never know you might actually find a new main. I did this, I had only a priest from MoP through to start of BFA, one single character I would play, but the changes, the nerfs, it just didn’t feel the same, so I started alts, found a new main and found new enjoyment in the game.

That seems to be what wow has become. Maybe microsoft will make a difference but ultimately both parties only care about profit. But feel like bliz has been shotting themselves in the foot with that. Microsoft clearly knows how to make money. Though it might somehow make things worse.

I mean, I think they were raging at how terrible it was because it wasn’t a full expansion. Seems to be the same thing.

Yeah maybe you’re right. I guess I should wait and see. But did they cut off access to things in BFA? I guess the longboi mount…

1 Like

I’ve leveled so many characters with the new leveling system, explored so much of the old lore. It’s brought new life to the game for me.

The current development team is abysmal.

I felt more satisfaction unclogging my toilet than I did at any point in SL.

What? Once the tier ends the aotc achievements and mounts are removed.

THIS right here. I have leveled so many alts and had a blast with it. And with the catch up systems in place, my alts don’t feel crippled by my time limitations. I have a big to do list but it’s doable to get them all ready for the next expansion.

1 Like

I only play SL now to make gold, not interested in anything that is out there.

Theres mounts you can get by completing achievements such as the keystone master mounts. Those would fit that criteria i believe.

Access to that content only requires a subscription or gametime, not purchase of the current expansion.

I think the “perk” is the ability to grind for cosmetics in Shadowlands content.

lol, I stand corrected. :wink:

I thought the current expansion also requires game time if I am not mistaken. What’s your point?