Anyone else disappointed with Alchemy this expansion?

Only Two transmutes. One of which a blacksmith can do with zero cooldown.

only 2 flasks. I guess this change is fine, but it makes Alchemy feel boring.

Oils. Only works on melee classes, and not even Druids, right? So great. Half the userbase has zero use for theses. Because, lets be real, most casters arent going to use in oil just to boost their pots.

I dont understand the point of Crafters Marks.

Alchemy Stone is the same its always been.

Utility potions are the same basic fare, with only Specter Switness being anything interesting, and having used it lots, its bugged and the speed buff has a roughly 50% chance of falling off and making you waste a pot.

Soul Purity would be amazing, but since it shares the standard potion CD, that means no one will ever use it.

No toys. No fun transmutes. No pets.

1 Like

Yeah it is boring. The only use I will get out of it is making my own flasks and oil, and the 2h flask duration.

I dont like how you need to get so far to even MAKE the stones/trinkets. Sheesh, no entry level for leveling?

1 Like

I’m very disappointed in this need to rep grind to honored, to get that stone transmute recipe, so I can make my alchemist stone.

I could do the grind, but is it worth the time, for a 165 trink that is or will shortly be obsolete already.

maybe eventually I’ll do the rep grind… right now, there’s other things I can spin on the hamster wheel.

2 Likes

I really miss procs. Made alchemy fun to me. Pretty much will just be using alch for my own pots/flasks and forgetting about it.

1 Like

They will probly add procs back is as a special property on the stone/trinket…

In the last tier of the expac.

1 Like

It’s funny to me how different people can look at the same thing but see different things.

To me the professions have gone back to some of the old ways and I much prefer them to BfA’s. Im SO glad they got rid of recipe ranks which always seemed grindy for the sake of grind…or at least I haven’t seen any recipe ranks. I’ve only maxed Alchemy so far.

Agreed.

Im not sure what the OP is on about oils… there are 2 and not for melee. The melee have sharpening stones.

Thank goodness they implemented a level cap on most crafts from previous expansions, or the new potions would be useless in addition to expensive.