Anyone else a high elf?

Just curious if anyone else is a high elf after the new blue eyes addition to blood elves? It was mentioned by Blizzard years ago that they would eventually get their high elven eyes back and I’m so excited about it!

2 Likes

Only about 90% of the Void elves on Moon Guard.

9 Likes

I’ve made an Alliance High Elf with macros that automatically cancel Entropic Embrace so I don’t get the void visuals. It’ll be a long while before I have the time to level her up though.

I have a fair amount of elves of both blood and void elven variety. Out of them, I have…
1 Blood Elf Paladin with a golden eye (and the other blind)
1 Blood Elf DK which, yeah.
1 Blood Elf Mage with blue eyes who is technically a high elf but still identifies as a blood elf
1 Blood Elf DH which, again, yeah.
1 Void Elf Mage who is all voidy still (this gal!)
1 Void Elf Hunter who I’m rping as a High Elven researcher studying the effects of various energy types on wildlife
Aaaand two Void Elf warriors, one that looks High Elven with a paladin mog since it’s the best I can do on that front, and the other with a full “void warrior” look since I figured proper Void Elves deserve some proper void-y representation too.

…I’ve really gone all out on alts recently.

2 Likes

This one has always had blue eyes, but seriously, I did give some of them blue eyes, and I left the others with green eyes, I was never much of a fan of the yellow ones, and my paladin that had them before, now has blue eyes.

I left all my void elves, voidy. I played around with their looks for a few, but then decided, I really liked the dusky void look better for them.

1 Like

Blood Elves have the closest look, but somehow rping a High Elf in the Horde doesn’t quite sing to me.

4 Likes

I’m planning to play an Alliance loyalist in Silvermoon to demonstrate how ludicrous it is to tell High Elf RPers to play Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Nope, my belf is caramel skinned, with lovely white hair and blind eyes.

1 Like

Of course, haha.

You RP while fighting, though?

Yeah, I was going to leave my paladins eyes gold. But she has a blue mog that looks perfect with high elven eyes!

To me it does 100%! Especially considering how Blizzard themselves said Blood elves would eventually over time retain their high elven eye color. It just makes so much sense considering the whole lore of high elves leaving the alliance with their leader and eventually joining the horde.

I’ll be there to gank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You must have missed the whole part of this post being in the role-playing section of the forums… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’ll go back to my corner now!

1 Like

Well, I WAS gonna be a High Elf… but then Blizz gave the Alliance Void Elves.

Alathos seriously does not belong in the Horde- he is a Silver Hand Knight before anything else, and has only ever returned to Quel’thalas out of an obligation to his homeland. ICly, he has more than a few grievances towards Lor’themar and his council. Starting with “why did you trust Sylvanas in any capacity? She had been turned by the traitor Arthas and butchered us the same as any undead.”

If it had been an option at any point in WoW, he would have INSTANTLY faction-changed to the Alliance.

But nope. Hence why his background is still red. He does not align with the Horde in any way shape or form beyond respecting Thrall’s attempts to help the Horde become more than a band of bloodthirsty marauders- attempts he personally believes are noble but futile.

… On a slightly lighter note, yeah, I’d been trying to give a few of my BElves and VElves the High Elf eyes and tones since the customizations were added. Unfortunately, I picked the most unstable time to try and log in for that.

1 Like

A bit. I like to at least experience the flavor of a given character during gameplay. I’ll usually structure my talents around what’s interesting rather than what’s meta.

For example, my Brewmaster is more of a medicinal healer whose alcoholic brews are merely a substrate, and as such I avoid any abilities themed around Niuzao.

Perfectia identifies as a blood elf since she been one for most her life, 14 years now. But her eye’s have turned blue before and can turn blue again. She just need to fast for a month and not have any other nourishment other then mana potions. There was also one time she took a draenei to bed but that worked for about 24 hours.

But her eyes have turned gold even before the Legion expansion. White when she is starving. Green if she doesn’t get enough sun. Red when she drank and small amount of Jaina’s blood. Black at one point, but you’ll have to read about that.

As of right now they’re orange.

High elf here, silver covenant tabard and all.
However, I keep the voidy aspects like my purple hair and entropic embrace, as this character is one of the high elven researchers that moved to Telogurs Rift after the creation of the Velves, so he can use void magic, but he’s not mutated. The whole deal is to learn martial uses of void magic for the silver covenant rangers.

I changed the color of My Blood Elf and Void Elf’s eyes to blue but I still rp them as a Blood Elf and Void Elf respectively. I didn’t choose these races as placeholders.

To an extent I hardly see the point in most cases if you’re doing it Horde side, however that is mostly due to how I perceive the divide between Blood Elves and High Elves. Considering their primary difference is a political one, barring the minor but characteristic aesthetic difference, and due to most if not all of those who still identify as Quel’dorei being Alliance aligned, I fail to see the point; especially now with circumstances as they are, barring some exceptional things.

1 Like

You know, speaking as a void elf on Moon Guard?

I honestly thought I would see a lot more of them around. But, no. I mean, there are more high elves, but it’s not the deluge I had anticipated.

Of course, I might be looking in the wrong places.

Yes, exactly. My blood elf paladin threw his hands up and left the Blood Knights because of the Fourth War. He dedicated himself entirely to the Argent Crusade (he was already 50% Blood Knight / 50% Argent Crusade, trying to help where their interests intersected), so even though he has to be Horde (because something something that’s what WoW’s about), he’s definitely neutral.

My girlfriend and I joke that “we wish we could play Horde races that actually like the Horde!” One day I’ll make an orc blademaster, and that’ll happen. I just be grumpy about honor all day and talk about how great spikes and/or fighting are or something.

I recently went to a few events on Moon Guard, and I swear, I feel like I was the only void elf there. All the others (except maybe one?) were high elves, and this was before the prepatch.

1 Like

I’m so confused. Her eye color changed by banging a spacegoat? Perfectia is truly a trainwreck created by a dude.

4 Likes

For Blood Elves, I really like the idea of a High Elf that joins the Blood Elves sometime after the Sunwell is “fixed”. I haven’t made a character for that yet though.

1 Like