Anyone Dislike all of the Covenant Abilitys for Monk?

I’m taking a look at all of the covenants and I have to say, they all seem super blah for Monks. Have you guys chosen?

Night Fae maybe but the other ability (fox travel) is terrible and growing souls via another farm? no thanks.

Vampire ability looks maybe the best, maybe the teleport will be handy but it cant be soo good that everyone would need it. their whole covenant other than that is a meme. A party coordinator? really?

Necro seems to be in opposition of monk fantasy but the flesh craft bubble is nice…i guess. The extra brew is super meh and I don’t think making aboms will be fun.

Kyrian just seems standard boring but their activity of boss fighting seems maybe the best of the type.

Overall, super unimpressed for the monks.

1 Like

I want the blink so I can be even more annoying in battlegrounds.

1 Like

Not a fan of any but the Night Fae skill. It looks pretty and looks to have a lot of uptime. I also dig that one that turns you blue like, seems like it can be a burst cd for pvp.

2 Likes

From what iv’e seen it’s pretty eh when it comes to ability excitement itself.

Viability in PvP however It’ll be either Kyrian or Night Fae. The brew is useless in pvp and the Mirrors seem really counterable as well as being on a 3 minute cooldown it will probably depend on the actual strength of the mirrors, but I don’t see much of a place for it unless the soulbinds for this covenant are somewhat really strong. Night Fae is actually the most exciting ability because it adds a dot to your gameplay which is I always thought would be nice having some armor denying abilites in terms of strong dots for monks.
Kyrian itself is boring the mastery stat stick though is great and I think with a conduit you also get other stats as improvement as well the soulbind of someone giving baseline versatility.
I hope versatility won’t be the stat to stack in SL as windwalker but this would make kyrian really good.

Hard to decide from a PvP standpoint when there was no real playtesting yet

I like the Necrolord and the Night Fae.

Necrolord: Both abilities are useful even if a bit boring. Fleshcraft is Jade coloured so it fits pretty well aesthetically imo. My monk is Undead so the covenant actually vibes pretty well with my toon’s fantasy

Night Fae: Faeline Stomp is so cool. Visually it’s georgeous and mechanically I think it’s one of the most interesting abilities. Why do you say fox travel is horrible? I love having even more mobility especially considering Chi Torpedo is getting nerfed.

Why do you think so?

I was just touching to the class abilites for windwalker as they will much likely decide which covenant will be picked. The secondary abilites are just some extras and the fox might be useful in some cases but just going after secondary covenants then necrolord of course would be the best with the max HP shield next to the heal brew from kyrian.

As far as I read the necrolord covenant is more an aoe focused covenant the brew empowering your spinning crane kick which is nowhere needed in pvp to be fair. So there will be only 3 covenants to choose realistically in PvP and one of them being dependant of testing the possible strengths of it (venthyr).

But like said without playtesting all the possible soulbinds it’s still hard to decide. But from what I have seen the Kyrian and Venthyr soulbinds are looking really strong for Monk and the necrolord soulbinds are looking really bad because it has many “defeat enemies gain xxx effect” it really is a stretch theorycrafting that. And remember I am purely talking about PvP right now

I didn’t realize you meant just for WW. I agree it’s bad for WW. It’s not useless for the other 2 specs though. Extra mastery heals as MW isn’t that bad

I’m leaning towards this one. The ability looks very cool and is on a short CD. The fox travel isn’t too bad since it comes with a blink on 10s CD, which should be usable to break our fall damage.

1 Like

It’s funny but everytime I’m on my Monk it drives me crazy that we can’t roll out of fall dmaage. I really think we should get a fall damage reduction something cloud based.

1 Like

Yep, it’s so dumb classes like Warriors can leap on air and charge on air to avoid damage, but WIND WALKING monks can’t like…walk on wind to avoid fall damage?

2 Likes

So we all agree Zen Flight should make you hover on a cloud for a second if in a non flying zone or in combat …cough… and should also have it’s flight speed match your flying skill. Lol

3 Likes

I’ve always liked SEF so there is another skill like it where you summon copies and they fight for you that might be cool. Als the graphic effect that spawns under you with the night fae I think that gives you spheres might be cool.