Any substantial tank changes coming in TWW?

I played monk in S1 of DF, I enjoy their playstyle, but feel brew is a little underwhelming and want to try them out again, but without any major changes and with brew being the lowest chosen tank across all levels of keystone metrics, I wonder how good they are now?

Or more importantly, are they going to buff warrior, monk and druid tank specs to get them anywhere near what paladin and DH can do?

when they make paladin a raidtank, sure.

Who knows. Tuning wont happen for a while. Tuning is the last thing to happen.

DK not even mentioned, I see how it is.

Paladins are the 2nd most played tank in the raid on Mythic right now.

We already got some changes announced so I’m pretty hype to see what they’ll do.

I’m surprised we didn’t get more tank balancing done this patch but maybe a different dungeon set will change a bit the meta.

2 Likes

DK is the third most used tank currently in M+, not sure about raid, but they are not in so much a bad state as druid, monks and warriors are.

There’s a new Brewmaster tree coming, they just haven’t implemented it, yet.

The current Brewmaster alpha tree is the current live tree, which makes no sense since the alpha Monk class tree has Clash. So alpha Brewmaster has Clash in two trees.

A new Brewmaster tree is obviously coming.

1 Like

Proportedly they’re bad (apparently only ahead of Warrior and Brew) on the PTR but I’ve personally done a +6 using the scaled down 489 gear and seen +10 done on the same ilvl.

Bear will already go back to glory because they get an amazing tier set bonus.

(Side note Raider IO no1 VDH is literally called nerfmeta :rofl:)

So comparatively an M20, yet somehow they are bad according to some players.

I don’t think I have ever seen a point where DK is monk levels of bad. And mostly I think it comes down to people not knowing how to best utilise Death Strike. Sure a DK is not at the DH levels of strong, but it does not mean they are weak.

Druids, monks and warriors need a buff, DH needs a nerf.

To add to your point it’ll get easier as we get higher gear (with an amendment that I think one needs to be somewhat switched on to be doing keys on PTR so I might have had a good party as a result).

I rerolled from Monk to DK this season. It was high damage but so much more work when I was a monk.

I can see them buffing Warrior and Monk. I reckon they should hold off on Bear because apparently they’re gods on PTR right now.

Bears were so bad in season 1 that Blizzard gave them a Pity Tier Set for season 2. That tier set is overpowered.

When Blizzard let people vote on which tier set to have in season 4, guess what the druids voted for?

1 Like

They also said they would be nerfing or buffing the S4 sets, but with like 3 days left I doubt it.

It’s not just the additional work, sure they do more damage, but comparatively monks are just weaker in staying alive in all specs. And when you tank, having more buttons to press but doing your role worse is not something people want, and it’s obvious as the least chosen tank across DF.

Sadly I love playing monk, it’s just not worth it. For comparison I was around 420 iLVL in S1 on my monk and struggling with M16 and finding heroic raiding to be quite difficult. I done one mythic raid boss and realised just how bad monks are.

So, I swapped to paladin and was rolling through M20 at around 407 iLVL with a BDK at 385 iLVL and a 399 iLVL healer, it was something else when comparing to monk.

1 Like

Hibernating bears.