Any other options for Covenant?

Tired of Night Fae and hate the aesthetics. For Destruction Warlock, what’s 2nd best Covenant for raiding and WQ type stuff? Also Torghast of course. Will not be in any PVP or Mythic + past 15 I would say.

Thanks in advance.

For Destro, you could use Kyrian or Necro if you really hate NF and you’d be mostly losing mobility.
Necro is better in single target, but Kyrian brings a lot of priority funnel damage when using Havoc and Scouring Tithe well.

2 Likes

imo the only non-starter for anyone taking things semi-seriously is Ven. the other 3 are workable. NF stands on top obviously but NL and Kyr are fine. NL is particularly interesting for destro and demo.

3 Likes

Just remember that Venthyr Cov ability is catastrophically bad for warlocks.

If the Fae does not please you with its aesthetics, I highly recommend the Necrolords of Maldraxxus. It’s decimating my enemies quite well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

NF is best, but not the only decent one. I went Kyrian personally as I didn’t want to be NF on all of my characters (despite blizzard seemingly wanting it). the Kyrian ability can be pretty abusable in fights with adds as you get crazy shards. It works for Aff and Destro. I think it’s a bit lesser for Demo since you generate shards so fast.

If output really matters to you I’d wait a week or two before swapping. We’re getting more information about the deeper soulbind trees, new conduits, covenant legendaries by class, various tunings, etc.

You there. You are not Locutus. Or ARE YOU? Perhaps it’s an illusion, what are you hiding?

Either way, the impending bad pun response that follows every catastrophically bad pun has arrived! And this time… errr… It’s… striking like a Bolt? Hmm. Doesn’t really work with that Decimating Bolt pun…

Oh, but yeah, I agree, Maldraxxus rules, Necrolord for (un)Life

2 Likes

At this point, you know. That is the only redeeming factor about Impending Catastrophe. xD

The only way night fae will drop from our #1 cov will be if they nerf soul shape or soulrot. If that would happen than Necrolords would be your next best bet.

Or buffing Deci Bolt! :smiley:

I’ve been Necro since the expansion dropped, b/c NF makes no sense for a Warlock, even if mathematically it’s strong. (Same for Kyrian for the M+ folks.)

Haven’t finished KSM yet (been taking quite a break), but I’m AoTC as Necro, so it’s plenty viable.

To be entirely fair, the fact that Night Fae is the strongest automatically makes it thematically appropriate for Warlocks to join it. As members of the Black Harvest, we don’t care where we get our power, we just seek out the strongest stuff within reason to defend Azeroth with. Elemental, void, fel, nether, demonic, it doesn’t matter. It’s powerful, it’s available to us, and we are capable of controlling it and using it against our enemies. The only limitations we apply is on if we’re even able to use it, and if we can be wary enough not to be corrupted by power.

Most Warlocks branched away from the weak Mage schools, we think them too weak (lol). Druidism, shamanism, the Light, etc, are all withheld from us so we generally don’t dabble in those schools. But here’s the Night Fae, offering great power to us. Of course we would take it.

At least, most of us would. Not me. Necrolords too awesome.

5 Likes

But neuuuu we must be edgelord for the sake of edgelordedom. Actual warlock lore doesn’t need to enter into it. eddddgyyyyyyyyy(in fairness if we were actually dead and going to our covenants for reals 90% of us are going NL specifically House of Rituals. But we aren’t so…)

Edgelady transmog: the strongest power of all.

I adore the Night Fae, but I’ve already done the campaign to Renown 40 twice and I could not bear the thought of doing it again. My warlock is Venthyr. I don’t even have the catastrophe on my toolbar, but I look so cool, you guys.

Now the true question is…

… Is my transmog edgy?

I’m a Necrolord Warlock.

1 Like

Necrolords is actually the best covenant for Destruction. I’ve had some incinerates crit for about 13k.

1 Like

Just waiting on my Impending Catastrophe to be buffed to high heaven, in the meantime I’ll just have to settle for having the best Cov xmog.

1 Like

Had not seen this point made, but well played sir! Still not giving up dead aboms for moths and fairytime dinner theater, but you scored points. :metal:t3:

It’s edgy in its own way, but Necro just has a totally different vibe from Venthyr. Sure, you would go on a crime spree—but would you recite bad poetry to your hostages?

1 Like

i’d roll necro if only for the armor set transmog coming in 9.1, but i’m too lazy to farm anima all over again.

Without a second thought

2 Likes