Any news on the Honor gear acquisition pacing?

I am going to say this one more time.

Ain’t nothing to spam pve wise at the start.

Reposting a comment I made in a similar thread:

We’re getting the exact things we asked for, except they’re not achieving the end goal of what we want them to do

Its like this: I ask you to go to the store and get a loaf of bread, and if they have eggs, to buy a dozen. You come back with a dozen loaves of bread…because they had eggs.

Technically you did exactly what I asked, except you very obviously did not accomplish what I wanted.

So, in that week or so after levelling to 60, are the PVE players going to stand around waiting for M+ and raids to start? Will they have to spam BG’s for gear?

In terms of gear yeah nothing to spam but honor.

So everyone including PVE players will just be doing BG’s for the first two weeks? No one will be doing dungeons? Is there a cap on dungeons now?

• Normal Dungeons drops Item Level 157 gear at Level 60.

• Heroic Dungeons drops Item Level 170 gear.

• Mythic Dungeons drops Item Level 183 gear.

To queue for Heroic Dungeons through the Dungeon Finder, you must be a certain item level (157), but you can walk in with a premade group at any point.

Mythic dungeon is capped once a week and always has been.
When they can get up to 190 ilvl gear from bgs yeah after those m0s you will see a lot of people spam honor grind and not bothering with heroics too much or normal.

Look at neck lvls and how hard people were going on neck lvls all xpac.

Getting to 190 ilvl via BG’s will be next to impossible in the first two weeks. 6 days /played means 6 straight 24 hour periods of just BG time. No sleeping, no eating, no queue times accounted for, and you still need to level up to 60 first.

Then raids and M+ open.

Also, this is why BG honour gear needs to be separated from PVE gear. If PVE players see BG’s as a faster way to gear for PVE, this will get even worse and PVP only players will suffer even more for it. The barrier to entry for PVP will, once again, be PVE.

have you not seen people and their neck lvls? I am telling you random bg and skirm ques are going to be popping the first 2 weeks.

Wrong

1 Like

No you’re wrong.

Not even in the slightest since you won’t be able to get vers on every piece in pve and that trinket bonus is a lot more powerful than a lot of you even realize.

Outside of some trinkets (that will probably go in blanket nerfed) pvp gear will be a viable and fine way to gear.
Even this xpac before corruptions pvp gear was fine it’s acquisition was what was bad

It’s been explained to this person again and again. She/he isn’t going to change her/his mind. Sometimes it’s best just to let angry people be angry.

Probably not, but currently on hold the last 2 hours waiting for my corporate IT help desk so nothing else to do.

So, 600 or so dungeons later (assuming they take about as long as a BG) you don’t think I can get the gear I need from PVE? You are wrong.

I think you are in for a surprise once the PVE trinkets start rolling out. A few % more versatility (offensive only) is not going to compete against the trinkets as they are.

I think it wont have vers on everything amd vers won’t be heavy on all the pieces that do have vers on it.
I also think the need of equipping a freedom trinket will force the necessity of using the set bonus.

According to beta users about a 5% overall increase and that’s 5% on all sources, meaning a greater net gain than a gimmick trinket.
And that’s just currently, as the xpac rolls out the vers will increase more and more as more raw stat is added.
Also thats to healing too not just dps.

Not for me. And it depends on the PVE trinkets you are talking about for the non-humans. What about the Drest-Like trinket + the one that stops you from dying and heals you to more than half your HP? Sounds better than a trinket + a few % of vers.

Burst damage is king.

I think PVE has plenty of vers choices.

But either way, PVE players will have plenty of higher ilvl gear and 2 weeks after launch, even better gear and even more choices.

isn’t vers on every piece and isn’t heavy vers on every piece that does has it.

And every gimmick dmg trinket is counterable.

And if they fail to land a kill with that trinket (which I seen a lot this xpac) then you just neutered yourself instead of getting increased overall everything.
Much in the same way as dhs using that one shot build, one trick pony if it fails you are done.

I guess we’ll see what happens come launch. I think they have not come far enough, and it will be another PVE to PVP expansion.

having vendors alone proves it won’t be, because the random nature of the gear acquisition was what was bad here, not stats on the gear.

Also I guarantee trinkets will have some extreme blanket nerfs going in because they talked about this a few times now

You’re going to be PvE’ing for a chance at mostly non-versatility 170 gear instead of PvPing for 190 conquest gear and honor gear that’s upgradable to 190? Gear that you choose from a vendor?

You do you, bugaboo. I’m definitely going to PvP.

1 Like

You are going to be able to log that much time in the first two weeks to get your gear to 190? 600 BG’s?

You do you bugaboo, I have a life.

1 Like