Any help would mean the world

hello this is a strange request but my dear friend who played this game religiously took his own life this week and i want to be able to maybe talk to someone to maybe get something for his guild or on a character or a statue or anything it would mean the world to his friends and family.

Thank you for your time

First of all, I’m sorry for your loss.

However, Blizzard generally doesn’t honour requests for things like this… there are so many WoW players, and to create a memorial in game for each one that passes on, or do something specifically for each character is just too great a task.

It’s been requested in the past to create a single player memorial in game to honour fallen friends but a suggestion like that is best suited for General, or the in game suggestion feature.

My own personal suggestion would be to choose a place that your friend loved - a specific zone, or location, or dungeon… some place he really enjoyed spending time, and make that location a memorial for your friend.

It would have much more meaning, since it’s personal to you and your circle, and you can even hold RP events to honour your friends memory, and the time you enjoyed in game together.

12 Likes

im doin what i can, i dont really play the game and im trying to hopefully reach a dev. i just wanna do something for his guild or really anything for him. its the best way to memorialize him to get something in the game he loved and his main escape from the world that was hurting him enough he needed to make a permanent solution.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to reach the developers for situations like this.

Like Penny mentioned, making changes to the game for these situations isn’t something that is typically done.

What’s often recommended is that those who knew the deceased can organize a memorial within the game where all can come together to honor the passed.

9 Likes

There are actually many places like this already in game. The first one off the top of my head is on the Isle of Quel’Danas called the Monument of the Fallen. There’s also the Shrine of the Fallen Warrior atop a hill in Northern Barrens.

Cowprofit, I’m sorry for your loss, but individual monuments are not really available. I think you can imagine with over 100 million accounts having been created these last 15 years, honoring every single player who has lost their life would be quite time-consuming.

3 Likes

I’ve named Hunter pets after people (usually naming the monkey with a fez after my raid leader, but that’s a different story). Perhaps something like that. Or if the guild uses Discord, <Player’s> Place for a sub-channel is a nice way to memorialize someone.

6 Likes

We changed our guild name to honour a very special member who we lost back in 2015. Could that be an option?

5 Likes

Have you thought about having a 3D print made of their character or characters to display?

It’s more than just a digital remembrance but a physical one. You can sit it next to your computer and your friend will always be together with you on your adventures in WoW and remind you of them whenever you look at it. It doesn’t require you to be in game to see it, or require that you have access to the game to remind you of them.

Memorials are personal things. In most instances, you are not creating a memorial for others, but for yourself. Think of it in those terms. Everyone will find their own way to remember their lost ones. You need to find yours.

6 Likes

How does Blizz handle accounts of people who have passed away? After trying to reach him for months, my guildies and I have recently discovered one of ours passed away. :frowning: Do their accounts ever get removed? If so, would our chats then disappear as well? I like having the little reminders of when he was still with us.

Nope, they stay inactive indefinitely. As for chat logs, you would have to made those, as Blizzard does not keep those logs all that long.

3 Likes

Just went through that with my wife who passed a few years ago. In our case we had two accounts, one hers and the other ours (if you ever have been married you know what I mean), so I had not played in a while. I was able to “close” her account by getting on her account, contacting Blizzard, then providing some info like driver’s license (hers) and death certificate as proof. Then they removed everything and closed the account.

2 Likes