Any funny story about a guild master that wanna share

lets have fun and share our stories about guild masters, good, bad, weird all are welcomed.

1 Like

Guilds are dictatorships very simple.

1 Like

had a big guild 1k people in Cata CashFlow was nice. They removed the perk.
I G kicked em all

/fin

1 Like

I had a gm kick me cuz I didn’t wanna cyber with her

You can believe this story or not

She was also over twice my age (I was either 17 or 18, cant remember)

1 Like

Hmmm, when I think back to my GM, I just remember good things. They were strict, but not in a way that was bad. Transparent on the guilds goals, and being quite firm that the guild was for progression not drama.

Led to a good experience, and quite fun. People looked up to the guild, since we didn’t go around bashing others, and kept our server up on the top 10 US list for a long time until MoP. By then, GM had a kid, some of us had RL things to tend to, so we all stepped down, but all look back fondly at our times in the guild, due to our GM and how they kept us together through some of the worst times.(M’uru pre nerfs, uuuuuugh!)

1 Like

voice comms in battle for AD: “push grandpa’s wheelchair to the boss”.

3 Likes

I was in a guild on Korgath whose GM sexually harassed a bunch of women who raided on that team, including trying to hit on someone who was married, while I was still an officer in said guild.

He’d also very constantly insult women in the raid by calling them some stuff I am not allowed to type on the forums on a regular basis and then pass said insults off as jokes even though it clearly made many of them feel extremely uncomfortable.

I was already taking a hiatus from raid leading/recruitment duties to dedicate all my WoW time to Mythic N’zoth progression with my other (current) guild but when I found out about that I basically ghosted the guild and quickly contacted the people who left because of this whole situation to see if I could give them potential referrals to much better guilds on Stormrage or Sargeras since I have a lot of connections.

1 Like

Not really about the guild master per se, except that he also happened to be our main tank. Raiding Zul’Aman back in TBC, we were doing the Akil’zon (eagle boss) fight when he disconnected. He managed to get logged in again within 15 seconds or so, but during that time, he never lost aggro.

1 Like

My former GM…started looking for places for me to live and work near her because she liked me…hence her being my former gm…hell I even swapped to horde after that occurred.

As a guild master, I am aware that I am weird.

2 Likes

Several months ago an officer of my guild went full tantrum. He quit the guild and convince at least of 10 of the core raiders to leave with him in the middle of the patch.

They formed a new guild and give officer rank to everyone with the tantrum maker being the guild master , they all left saying they will progress even more (in the raid) without the rest of us. Then the one that made the tantrum quit the game and the new guild didnt survive a month after it was created and everybody that followed him ended up in diferent guilds.

Then we need to seize the means of raiding

1 Like

I am the GM, most of you know my most recent story, short version is had a guild officer challenge my authority too much so I demoted him and when he asked why I did that, I told him because he’s fired, that’s why.

I mean I felt bad about it, as like firing someone in real life.

Can I ask something, has anyone in here ever been a boss in real life? If so, how do you tell someone politely that while you thank them for their dedication, unfortunately you regret to inform them that their services are no longer required, okay cya.

It just feels so brutal…not the most fun thing in life to have to do…

I was in a guild in Cata-MoP where the guild leader and his wife were a fairly stable, okay duo. There was this other officer that got preferential treatment. He was used to getting everything he wanted from the guild leader. One day, he started badgering me in guild chat to arena with him. If anyone here has seen my posts on PvP before, you’ll know I loathe PvP with a very unhealthy amount of rage. I kept refusing but he wouldn’t let up.

Finally, my best friend flat out tells him no and to stop bothering me. Seconds later, they were removed from the guild. So I gquit on the spot.

Now, one thing you need to know is I was fairly well liked in the guild, and the top healer in our raid. When people saw me leave, I guess other issues with the guild leader started to surface, and his wife starts messaging me, begging me to come back because her husband “made a bad call, he was just frustrated.” I held my ground, the guild fell apart, and I learned later the guild leader and the dude bothering me for PvP were basically together and he divorced his wife for him.

So that was a fun spectacle.

I joined a guild in legion and was in it 2-3 weeks before I decided I wanted to run a Battle Pet tournament which I’ve done before. I had lots of extra pets and I was going to give them away as prizes. I found out that you had to be an Guild Officer to create a guild event on the Calendar and I asked around who could do this for me and finally ended up speaking to a guy that was on the raid team but never really spoke to before. Turns out he was the GM.

I explained what I wanted to do and thought he would change the permissions or just create the event himself.

GM: You have to be an officer to create guild events on the Calendar. I’m making you an officer.

Me: OK? (why promote me I’m new and he could have just created the guild event etc… if he wanted).

GM: Now that you’re an officer you have to run a regular weekly event. I suggest you run Legacy WoD raids for guild achievement points.

Me: OK. That sounds good but if I’m going to do a weekly event I want to make sure its something everyone is interested in. I can do a meeting and get ideas and see what appeals to most people and we can do that.

GM: No, that’s a waste of time.

Me: If I’m doing a weekly event, I want to make sure its something that people want. The WoD Raids is one idea but I would like to get input from the people who would attend.

GM: No! We’ve done that! Its a waste of time!

Me: It’s my time to waste. I think this works best.

GM: OK Fine. Have the meeting.

So I scheduled the meeting on the Calendar and announced it in guild chat and 1 minute later I realized I was gkicked.

What a total jerk. The gm was absolutely lazy garbage and its not like the calendar was overflowing. There was like 1 regular item on it (the raid), maybe a 2nd thing that was infrequent and neither were run by the GM.

Promoted to gkicked in 10 minutes

a guild was in MoP SoO we had drunk raid nights on Sat for alts and the GM got HAMMERED in one of them, He got so drunk he argued that Thok was basically a dragon cuz had frontal breath and tail swipe then the next morning had to call the #2 officer and ask him if we downed Thok. Shockingly i was that GM and one of the members of my current guild decided to tame Thok and rename it Dragon…so i get reminded of that constantly.

We had a member of our raid in BfA do something like this. He was using us to get some kills on Ra-den (that we had to keep re-progging on because we kept losing people as we trained up new players on the fight) then ran his mouth about a few players, left the guild and took 2 other players with him. They formed their own guild to go for Cutting Edge annnnnd as far as I know they all stopped playing the game having never made it anywhere. It was players like that that made mythic Ny’alotha such a pain to get through. They say they want a prog raid, but when prog happens and they aren’t handed free loot they throw major tantrums.