Any frost mages swapping to Necrolord?

While Mirrors is nice for making a ST rotation feel more reliable, I can’t help but feel that the 15% dmg cooldown (and +13% int buff from Emeni when Deathborne is used near party members) would end up being more DPS in the end, especially in multi-target cleave or AOE.

Furthermore, Fleshcraft seems like it would be an invaluable defensive.

Idk, I feel having +28%~ dmg and Frostbolt cleave every 3 minutes, the utility of Fleshcraft, and the passive giving party members primary stats when Deathborne is used, seems like the swap is worth it. Furthermore with the conduit, Deathborne can last almost the whole duration of lust/hero.

What is everyone’s thoughts on swapping?

1 Like

That is exactly what Blizz wants you to do to spend countless hours on leveling the covenant from scratch…

Nope, not moving from Venthyr for 2% damage increase.

6 Likes

I swapped to Venthyr around a month ago and I had all the conduits unlocked that I needed within a week, mostly passively.

1 Like

What about your renown ?

It’s not exactly a bad covenant, OG Necro here, just not sure on how powerful it is as support overall. 2% every 3 minutes isn’t much, but the burst is nice on fights where it lines up nicely with it. Course, Icy Propulsion desyncs IV from it so it does lose power there.

With the 9.0.5 changes it will most likely come down to which color do you want to represent.

If I was frost I would switch. If fire is no longer super strong in 9.1 I probably will swap then.

With 9.0.5 changes it’s definitely more viable for both Frost and Arcane.

If I can keep my “Winter’s Envoy” title, I’ll switch… I honestly have nothing better to do, and a change of scenery would be cool. If I can’t keep the title I’ll stay Night Fae forever…

In fairness, even prior to this buff Necrolord was the best for 3 targets. It’s just that it has 2 glaring issues. First, there aren’t many instances/fights that actually have 3 targets up all the time. Second, it actually works against the Icy Propulsion conduit because Icy Veins no longer lines up with the Skeletal Mage.

This buff is just to make mages who ever Necro a tad better. It’s not really meant to encourage a covenant swap. Same for Kyrian buff and Venthyr buff on Arcane/Fire.

2 Likes

Venthyr just too good for both PvP and PvE. I like my mirrors a bit too much to lose them!

1 Like

Venthyr is better for arcane now?

In 9.0.5 for single target damage, looks like it may be the case according to arcane sims.

Mirrors is too good for movement phases to give up.

Nope! Definitely an improvement but Venny is still better. Necrolord slightly ahead in multi target but falls way behind in single target. And the 3 minute CD compared to mirrors 1.5 min cd. Nice having the lower CD in m+ exc.

1 Like