Any ferals using gushing wounds?

Now that it’s on the vendor - for pvp. If it’s decent in pve leme know as well.

After the nerf it’s generally not worth. You wanna go for Severe III most of the time, Twilight Dev III for AoE or Infinite Stars III for single target if you have the corruption budget for it then fill out the rest with Severe III.

1 Like

Yea, basically what he said above. For PvE, Severe is great, being able to get really high baseline Crit and almost 100% Crit during Tigers Fury. For PvP, I’ve read that you still want to stack the Versatility % despite the upcoming nerfs since we stack Vers anyway.

Be careful of this… The sims like bloodmallet claim that Infinite Stars is “clearly” the highest single-target DPS for high-ilvl items, but go look at actual log rankings (you can limit by ilvl to get more perspective when not using an account). You’ll notice that the top-100 breakdowns either use the stat-boosters, as stated, like +%crit-dmg or +%crit-rating (by far the most showing), BUT, below those, twisted appendage makes the next showing. This matches my own experience, where twisted appendage tends to get a much better number for feral than infinite stars. There are outliers of both Starz and Tantacel, but tentacle appears to actual do better generally.

Also, keep in mind now, with high ilvl, the Jungle Fury azerite, and targeting corruption, you can actually hit crit-cap… Don’t keep adding +% crit that pushes you way over 100% whenever tiger’s fury is up, you’re then better gemming some mastery, or adding other corrputions for single-target when at that point.

1 Like

Oh yes. This is true. The thing about Infinite Stars is you need to know when to use it. It’s value plummets as soon as there’s literally anything else in the fight to target. It’s only really really good on fights with little or no target swapping at all… which most of Ny’Alotha isn’t. :stuck_out_tongue: In fights where it’s ST but you won’t be seeing more than 4 enemies at a time for the whole fight you actually do want appendage.

Building a gushing mastery and versatile set actually. Should be able to get everything 1 week before the season ends​:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I stuck 5 gushing with devour vitality weapon

Honestly im smacking in pvp rn its very, very noticeable

How squishy do you feel in 2s/3s?
I’m only at 2 gushing and 30% vers. Scared to drop more vers

Currently running x4 gushing with vers iii stacked with a surging vitality iii

Damage is great, more sustained. Was running mind flay 3 before, and it was good but people tend to be bit more clued onto it now and kill it faster.

2 Likes

Running severe, 4 gushing and, a rank 2 appendage at the moment.
No problems here.
I run m+ mainly and my overall is basically the same as when I ran TD rank 3.
TD has this cool thing where it will flat out miss targets at times when it swerves.
Gushing is a proc on the target, so its guaranteed damage when it procs.
In the dungeonslice sim my gushing and appendage set shows 2k less dps, but there are times I have run higher overall with it than TD.
Plus running GW, I don’t have to worry about it going through walls in Tol’Dagor or randomly deleting mobs during bursting.

I would say running strictly gushing would probably not be worthwhile though.

I kept my TD pieces also, so I can mix and match as needed.
Plus I use them when I swap to bear. :grin:

That got long… so

TLDR: It’s not op anymore, but works decently when stacked.
The procs are always on a target you are attacking.
No random thru-wall twilight devs to worry about.

2 Likes

i have them all in my bag, 4 gushings, and 4 versatile but im not sure how to do this, my mastery can reach around 80-90% plus jungle fury and also frenzy i can burst at will in relatively short cd, using masterful insticts help me mitigate dmg and also adding bleed dmg my current vers can reach the 30-35% its 25% baseits not much considering i still need to apply some extra vers and add another 2 gushings and see if its possible and i still need to replace gear for better stats and higher ilvl, any thoughts? hahahha im kinda new to druid so im not sure if it works that well i happen to do arenas with a friend who plays a paladin and we are not the perfec match for 2v2 but we can push hard some times hahahha and i think the changes i have in mind can actually improve lots of %'s i think ive learnt to sim my character without using any help or addons is that possible? or do i just plain suck hahahha

Just to clarify for pvp gushing is great, and defs good to to use for feral.

Pve you should be stacking severe and strike through for optimum damage output as feral.

Gushing is still ok, if you buy and apply it on gear, just be sure is on items with 470+ ilv so you get more bang for your investment, versatile doesnt matter as much even if you slap it on 460 ilv items, try to find your comfort zone, I was feeling quite tanky at around 36% vers, but was a bit frustrated vs healers so I dropped a bit of vers for 5x goushing, 2x vers III, and weapon with devour and dmg seems good enough to make healers have to actually be a bit afraid, granted I am squishier but its trade off I can live with, on pve goushing is actually not half bad single target, while not the optimal pve dps set up, it does around 12% of my overall dmg, dps between 60 to 70k single target with my pvp gear set up, still decent enough for heroic content imo.